The Coaching Deathwatch Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2006, 08:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on February 08, 2007, 11:48:47 AM
Reid is 1-1 vs Cowher

Yes.  One was an OT game with a lot of bogus calls near the end, including an onside kick, that went the way of the Eagles.  Cowher was hardly outcoached.

The other was a massacre.  The Steelers gave the Eagles their only lopsided loss that year.  The other two losses in the regular season were with the starters on the bench, and the Super Bowl.... well... yeah.

ice grillin you

andy is 1-1 vs wade phillips as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i was at the win, what a game that was.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on February 08, 2007, 11:55:18 AM
i was at the win, what a game that was.

When the Eagles beat a Wade Phillips team?  Was it the Bills or the Falcons?!? !

SunMo

i hope you crash into an AIDS tree
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

How pathetic is Dallas. farging TO is running that team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: MDS on February 08, 2007, 05:54:01 PM
How pathetic is Dallas. farging TO is running that team.

No--Jerry Jones secretly wants to coach them--and now he can. What's interesting is the stories flotaing around on PFT.com and the Dallas papers that Phillips spent Tuesday talking to "potential assistant coaches that he'd want to have on his staff". Now, according to the DFW Herald, when Jones interviewed Rivera, it was for the DC position, not head coach position. He's already put a OC in place for Phillips.

Stallworth Supporter

All i can picture now is a marionette of Wade Phillips prancing around a football field with Jerry looking down and pulling the strings.  What a joke that organization is.

General_Failure

Except Jones will be on the sidelines. Is this the year we finally see him holding pictures sent down from the booth?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Cerevant

Quote from: General_Failure on February 09, 2007, 02:08:14 AM
Except Jones will be on the sidelines. Is this the year we finally see him holding pictures sent down from the boot?

I thought you moved to Austrailia, not Canada ;)
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

it has a lot more to do with the jones having his sights set on cowher next year than it does him wanting to coach...phillips is a stop gap and because of his age one of the few people that would be willing to take the job under those circumstances
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Breaking news on ESPN:

Schottenheimer fired!!

Drunkmasterflex

A little late in the game for that isn't it? Maybe Reid will want to go there for a change of scenery and so his boy can get better drugs.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 12, 2007, 09:28:11 PM
Breaking news on ESPN:

Schottenheimer fired!!
Holy shtein. MartyBall sucks.