Freddie Mitchell Sighting - Taking you to school!

Started by paco, November 27, 2006, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

QuoteThat whole year sucked for me, and the next year sucked even more.

yeah, that Super Bowl appearance was awful

Sgt PSN

Good read.  Actually got some goosebumps reading that.  What a farging play.  I like how he talks himself up so much and slams McNabb at the same time with the whole "it was wobbly and behind me" comment. 

SunMo

my favorite lines were:

I started reading the defense as soon as I got to the line of scrimmage. For most guys, it takes a lot of years to read defenses like that.

I had to take a certain angle that most young receivers wouldn't have taken. Any other angle and it would have been a bum play. I was the master of finding holes, and I knew right where the hole would be. It was money.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

I can picture him telling that story to a bunch of wide eyed 6 year olds.

DH

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 05, 2011, 02:17:42 PM
QuoteThat whole year sucked for me, and the next year sucked even more.

yeah, that Super Bowl appearance was awful

it was for him - rodney harrison had more receptions from 5 than he did - even after talking all the shtein he did.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He was somewhat impressed that I recognized him in Vegas, but he got REALLY excited when my buddy said "4th and 26!"

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

QB Eagles

Memories from a bunch of involved people, on CSN

This is the money quote for me, from Mitchell:

"Whenever anyone says, 'fourth-and-26,' they don't say Donovan McNabb threw that pass. They say Freddie Mitchell caught that pass."

PhillyPhreak54

lol...Freddie is a HOF in his mind.

I cant farging believe its been 7 years since that 4th and 26

Eagaholic

I liked how he said he was the master of fining holes. I once spent a few hours with a guy who is an NFL analyst, probably after the '04 season. We got on the subject of Freddie and he described this red zone play where, at pre-snap the offense could see the D was out of position, and Mitchell had a clear path for a slant into the end zone for an easy score.

But instead of running right in, he made a couple of juke steps to a player lined up near him but who wouldn't be covering him, to make it look like he faked the defender out of his jock and left him in the dirt. But, it was a timing play so he didn't get there in time and it looked more like Donovan led him too much. Those things are why Donovan didn't throw to him.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

This thread could use a few pages dedicated to discussing whether or not name dropping is acceptable and the quality of this anonymous analysts work.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2011, 11:55:39 PM
why dont you just tell us who the analyst was

GF pretty much nailed it, the point was the Freddie story and why 5 wouldn't throw to him.

MDS

im curious

it has nothing to do with name dropping

i dont know you, will never know you and have no interest in knowing you. so why do i care who you hang out with.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

someone told me freddie's in commercials right now for some matchmaking show on bravo and the woman calls him a loser or something.