Freddie Mitchell Sighting - Taking you to school!

Started by paco, November 27, 2006, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

q:  how do you know you have issues?

Quote"The city wasn't big enough for two people," Owens said. "Freddie can attest to my character, my interactions with the team and the way I carried myself in the locker room, and I have no regrets about anything. Would I have liked to have continued staying there and playing? Of course I would have. But it's unfortunate that a few things happened."

a:  when you're using freddie farging mitchell as a character witness.

MDS

he was on preston and steve trashing McNabb, that sweet hunk of man meat, and calling billicheck and idiot. i dont know why people give him the time of day.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

Because he's a train wreck and he seems to be the only one who doesn't know it.  That's his appeal.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

QuoteJumbo Tron just showed a shot of a fan in a skull cap drinking a beer and flexing. It was Freddie Mitchell. I do not lie.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

Sorry, some Phillies beat writer. It was retweeted by someone I know who follows him
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I saw a YouTube video where he was talking about conspiracies are why he is not in the NFL and he would come back soon because teams are interested. While wearing an Indiana Jones hat.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 18, 2010, 09:02:52 PM
I saw a YouTube video where he was talking about conspiracies are why he is not in the NFL and he would come back soon because teams are interested. While wearing an Indiana Jones hat.

If They Only Knew

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 18, 2010, 09:03:42 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 18, 2010, 09:02:52 PM

If They Only Knew
Rahzel http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/A7EG30Zm0eM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EG30Zm0eM
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

QuoteQ: We need you to bless a new statistic, which captures the spread between arrogance and talent. Jordan was arrogant, but who wouldn't be, given his talent. But some knuckleheads, like Rex Ryan for example, are extremely arrogant without having proven themselves talented. I don't know who has the highest AT spread, but Durant definitely has the lowest. Whaddya think?
-- Ezra, Beantown

SG: Like it. Here's how you'd have to do it: Rank athletes from 1 to 100 for both talent and arrogance, then figure out their talent/arrogance ratio. For instance, Durant would be a 97 for talent and an 8 for arrogance, making him a +89 overall. Nearly impossible to beat. Kobe gets a 99 for talent but a 91 for arrogance, dropping him to a +8. Terrell Owens, at this point of his career, is a 61 for talent and a 95 for arrogance, making him a minus-34. You get the idea. Only one problem: the scores skew too highly towards hockey players (and by proxy, all Canadians) since it's nearly impossible by nature for Canadians to be arrogant unless Hollywood or Janet Jones corrupts them.

The highest talent/arrogance ratio ever? Bobby Orr; 100 for talent, 0 for arrogance. Our only perfect 100. The lowest talent/arrogance ratio ever? Freddie Mitchell: 10 for talent, 90 for arrogance, minus-80 overall. For some reason I can't think of anyone worse than Freddie Mitchell. He has to be the talent/arrogance nadir, right? Unless you opened it up to all walks of life; then you'd have Levi Johnson as a minus-100. I need to think about this more.

SunMo

maybe the best thing i've ever read

http://phillysportsdaily.com/eagles/2011/01/04/freddie-mitchell-recalls-4th-and-26/

QuoteWe are nearing the seven-year anniversary of "4th and 26."

January 11, 2004. Eagles-Packers, divisional round of the playoffs. A false start penalty, a Donovan McNabb sack and an incompletion put the Eagles at death's door, facing a fourth and forever with 1:12 on the clock and trailing by three.

What happened next became instant lore.

With the Packers on deck for what promises to be another playoff classic, we present a first-person account of "4th and 26" the way only he can do it. Ladies and gentlemen, the People's Champ:

You know that play is a love-hate play for me because that was the first time they threw to me the whole friggin' game. I was blocking my ass off doing everything it took, doing the stuff that society doesn't recognize.

That whole year sucked for me, and the next year sucked even more. But anyway...

I actually had to go tell the coaches that I was wide open and to throw me the ball. The coaches literally had to talk into Donovan's headset and tell him I was wide open and to throw it to me.

Donovan looked at me in the huddle and said, "Ready?" And I said, "Dude, I've been ready the whole game."

I started reading the defense as soon as I got to the line of scrimmage. For most guys, it takes a lot of years to read defenses like that.

The name of the play was a 2 Jet Double Go. What it does is sends Pinkston and Thrash on "Go" routes and what I do, as the Sultan of Slot, is I read the middle. I had to take a certain angle that most young receivers wouldn't have taken. Any other angle and it would have been a bum play. I was the master of finding holes, and I knew right where the hole would be. It was money.

First of all Donovan's pass was behind me and it was wobbly, but I had to take advantage of the opportunity that was presented to me. Right when I caught the pill, I kind of knew I had the yardage right away. I looked at the sticks and to see where I was at and I knew I got it. I felt like Michael Jordan hitting a last-second shot or Tiger Woods sinking a 50-foot putt.

Then I had to pull out the belt...

That was for the crowd. Not a single person left that stadium when we were down, and I had to do something for them. Hugh Douglas used to say, "That's the People's Champ. He does it every time for the fans." I had to put the belt on for them. I was brought up like Brian Dawkins, with a love for Philly. When he heard the Eagles fans scream that was like church music to him. That's how I was. I was doing it for love while Donovan was doing it to prove people wrong for booing him.

This is how much of a team player I am: I came to the podium afterwards and said, "We don't need fate when we have 5." Man I blew him up! And that was the headlines in the papers...Meanwhile I'm dealing with him not throwing me the ball, and me being on my knee pads to help him out.

But in the end, I love being a part of that play. A lot of great receivers came through this league, but I'd rather have one memorable catch than go to the Pro Bowl. There are Pro Bowl and Hall of Fame players that have caught 20 times as many passes as me but aren't remembered. So I'm cool with it.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH

^^ didnt read that, but thought he was dead when i saw this topic bumped

edit: just read it, and indeed, it may actually be a top 5 read of all time. not sure what i like more - freddie's entirely too high opinion of himself as a professional wr or his continual not so discrete shots at 5.

SD