Who needs to go? - Offense / ST's

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 27, 2006, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

McNabb = franchise QB.

Who do you see as franchise QBs in the NFL, IGY?

right this second...

brady
palmer
manning
brees

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Brady, Palmer, and Peyton Manning are all definite franchise QB's.

Borderline guys right now are Brees, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Favre, Delhomme, and McNabb

Baffling guys are Vick and Eli.

Possibly will be franchise QB's in the next few years are Leinart, Young, Cutler, Romo, Alex Smith, Grossman, and Rivers.

Sgt PSN

My definition of a Franchise Quarterback:

A quarterback you can build a team around to be competitive in the present, near future and/or long term future.

Pretty simple.  McNabb is that type of player.  If you surround him with talent he will put up amazing numbers.  Hell, he's put up very good numbers over the years with average to below average talent around him.  He is a franchise quarterback and there are probably only 3 teams out there who would pass on him without a second thought if he were available today. 

Indy
NE
Cincy

Every other team in the league would at least strongly consider McNabb over their current QB and I'd say about 12-15 would take him in a heartbeat......for now and the future. 

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 28, 2006, 12:00:29 PM
McNabb = franchise QB.

Who do you see as franchise QBs in the NFL, IGY?

right this second...

brady
palmer
manning
brees

... and McNabb belongs right on that list.  Before Brees or Palmer too.

It's also funny how you can consider Brees a "franchise QB" over McNabb when he's been with his current team for like 6 months and his former team obviously didn't view him that way.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Quasimoto

McNabb deserves a shot to come back.  Especially with a new coaching staff.  If he had a running game and at least one reliable receiver he'd be golden.  I gurantee it.

Oh and a defense might help a little.

Cerevant

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 28, 2006, 12:17:59 PM
My definition of a Franchise Quarterback:
Whoa whoa whoa...don't be defining things around here...how can we get into baseless "I'm right, and you are wrong" pissing matches if you go and define what you are talking about?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

T_Section224

that should be like a man law or something.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

rjs246

First, kudos to everyone for ignoring Munson's mini-novel of a response.
Second, to reiterate, I don't think McNabb should be gotten rid of. I certainly don't think he will be gotten rid of. I'm just saying that this team is on the verge of needing a total overhaul and if they were to go that route, getting rid of McNabb would not, and should not, be out of the question.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: rjs246 on November 28, 2006, 01:35:45 PM
First, kudos to everyone for ignoring Munson's mini-novel of a response.
Second, to reiterate, I don't think McNabb should be gotten rid of. I certainly don't think he will be gotten rid of. I'm just saying that this team is on the verge of needing a total overhaul and if they were to go that route, getting rid of McNabb would not, and should not, be out of the question.

I think you could have a complete overhaul of this team and still keep McNabb.  He is only 30 years old, which by QB standards is fairly young.  The only issue I have with McNabb is that he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy over the last 4-5 seasons.  That is a big issue for a guy who is a Franchise QB. 

The only reason I would want to see Donovan leave is because Reid stays.  That of course will never happen.  I think Reid while responsible for a lot of McNabb's success, is the main reason we will never see what McNabb should or could become.  I just wish that we had a coach who believed in a thing called balance, and wasn't so arrogant that he thinks he can have minimal talent in his offense and still be great. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Tomahawk

I don't see the need for a total overhaul of the players. The o-line's good enough, McNabb is one of the best QBs in the NFL, Westbrook's pretty good. A blocking TE and a bigger back are the only necessary additions. I don't normally display tendencies to over-react so I'm not sold on the "fire everybody" philosophy, but something does need to happen on the defensive side of the ball. The defense has undoubtedly cost the Eagles more games this season than the offense.

ice grillin you

i hope the defensive liabilities dont over shadow the fact that andys offensive philosophy is horrid and that above all he needs to go way before mcnabb or any other player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

I haven't ever agreed with his philosophy, but it's hard to argue with the points it normally puts on the board.

rjs246

All or nothing offenses that don't eat clock will never win a championship. Even 'The Greatest Show on Turf' in St. Louis had Faulk running the ball 20+ times a game. Andy Reid needs to be shown the door. Immediately.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Merely committing to running the ball more won't work.  They actually have to have a running back who is able to run it 25-30 times a game.

We all know that won't happen with Reid as the head coach so all this hubbub is really pointless, fellas.

Don Ho

The only thing that has even remotely cheered me up about this franchise in over a year and a half was watching NFL Films this morning at the gym.  Segment on Gizmo Williams.  Brought back some great memories.  Guy was a stud in the CFL.  Also played for the Memphis Showboats with Reggie White.  Great story.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.