Who needs to go? - Defense

Started by Butchers Bill, November 27, 2006, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

You still think Trotter can play MLB?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Doesn't need huge money. He'd be a solid signing

adalius thomas is going to get more than solid money...way too big for a 30 year old...if the eagles were zesty linebackers away from the superbowl then id take a run at a 30 year...but not in the position they are now would i...id rather draft a couple lb's...and if not bust out the big bucks for a younger guy like briggs...i like thomas but lb's going into their 30's scare me

You still think Trotter can play MLB?

nope
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 28, 2006, 02:24:40 AM
Trotter - MLB

Stop it.  He's already bone-on-bone in the knee.  Time to sell him for glue.

PhillyPhreak54

Its been like that since college.

He will be on this team next year. Y'all take the witch hunt to another position...

Sgt PSN

I think Trotter would be fine if he had a better supporting cast around him.  He's not washed up but he obviously isn't capable of being disruptive all by himself anymore either. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 28, 2006, 10:48:47 AM
Its been like that since college.

He will be on this team next year. Y'all take the witch hunt to another position...

I expect him to be on the team next year.  But I want them to have a plan in place to replace his ass.

ice grillin you

even tho i think hes a shell of his former self i dont have a huge problem with trotter...its kind of like complaining about sheldons tackling ability as a problem on the team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 28, 2006, 10:52:22 AM
I think Trotter would be fine if he had a better supporting cast around him.  He's not washed up but he obviously isn't capable of being disruptive all by himself anymore either. 

Any one of these losers would be fine with a better supporting cast around him. That doesn't mean they don't suck.

Rome

I don't know why but your rabid distaste for Trotter still makes me laugh after all these years.

Sadly, it's becoming more and more justified with each passing season.

General_Failure

He's supposed to be great against the run. No team that started Trotter has ever been great against the run.

Eaglez

Trotter is great at blowing up gaps straight ahead, but he can't move laterally well at all. He really needs OLBs who can move north and south for him so he can just concentrate on hitting gaps.

Besides not being able to get off blocks against the Colts, the Colts demonstrated that this defense is very slow sideline to sideline. Addai looked like he was waltzing to the outside on most occasions before turning the corner. One way to fix that is investing in some strong, fast OLBs, but unfortunately that probably won't happen anytime soon.

PhillyPhreak54

Exactly.

Give him some good OLBs and keep blockers off of him and he's fine. He's a numbers to numbers player. That is his effective area. Start getting him outside the numbers and he's out of his comfort zone.

Diomedes

Listen to yourself, man.  "give him some good support in the other positions and then he's fine."  "He's not in his comfort zone if he has to move laterally." 

He sucks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

No, that says he is a run stuffing MLB who does not cover well or move like some other MLBs. He's been like this for awhile now. But of course since the Eagles suck now so does everyone who plays on the team. He was fine earlier in the year. But now he sucks?

rjs246

No he sucked earlier in the year. He sucked for most of last season too. If you ask him to do ONE THING he's okay at it. You know who else was good at that one thing? Levon Kirkland. Who sucked. Trotter sucks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.