The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Munson on December 10, 2009, 02:22:52 AM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on December 09, 2009, 11:03:06 PM
BTW...they toned the 120 back a while ago. It's now around 18% ABV.

I had read the same thing Sus, but I was surprised when I saw that the description still reads as 21% at Total Wine. But it's very possible they just haven't bothered updating it.

My personal favorite Dogfish Head is the 90 minute. The 60 minute is terrible, I thought I could like it at first but 90 minute blows it out of the water, especially when it's draft. I may have my expectations too high for the 120, but if it's as good as the 90, it'll be fine by me. But I also haven't tried a lot of their brews, mostly the "ancient" ones. Midas Touch didn't really do it for me though.

I had a bottle of Old Scratch Amber Lager from Flying Dog tonight.....meh. Nothing special.

This stuff was awesome, BTW. The only beer I've ever had that actually burned a little bit. Still had a pretty good taste to it. Definitely not the type of beer you can drink all the time, but if you're inthe mood to get a reeeeal good buzz and not have to fill up on a bunch of beers, this and one or two others did the trick for me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Got together with a couple of friends recently for a BBQ, scotch and cigars. We had an array of top shelf stuff, but what stole the show was the Padron 1926 series 80th anniversary smoke from his 2200 cigar humidor. I only smoke cigars occasionally and have had a number of good cubans, but this was the best smoke I've ever had. They can still be found on the market if anyone here likes cigars. At about $33 a pop it's definitely worth trying it once to have maybe the best smoke that can be bought in circulation.

Lastly, we topped everything off with a small dose of Louis VIII cognac. $1600 a bottle in hand blown Baccarat crystal, in a box that looked like it would hold crown jewels or a Faberge egg or the holy hand grenade of Antioch. I was happy to find it really was awesome, not just some overpriced overhyped status symbol. Usually I don't even like cognac, it's over rated and there isn't enough flavor to justify the burn, even in decent XO brands. This was in a whole other universe. I might even consider having a kid if I knew he would grow up to be an ad exec for Remy Martin and give me that shtein for Christmas, like my friend's kid does for him.

hbionic

I've been having a Deschutes Black Butte Porter lately....farging delicious.

Here's the site if you want to jerk off your tongue to it. -louis c.k.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brews/year-round-brews/black-butte-porter/default.aspx
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

nice hbionic.  Give Oskar Blues TenFidy a chance, you'll love it.  its like 15 bucks for 4 cans though. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

I'll look for it next time out...I'll check out the local 'bevmo' and see if they carry it. Looks good.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

shorebird

I like dark beer occasionally, but never have tried Deschutes Black Butte Porter. I'm gonna' check for it this afternoon at my local liquor store.

Sgt PSN

i like my beer like i like my american legion; no color and lacking flavor. 

mussa

This is my new booze of choice since new years. 94 proof

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

shorebird

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: mussa on February 12, 2010, 01:42:25 PM
This is my new booze of choice since new years. 94 proof

No wonder I hardly see you anymore.....you fargin drunk. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

HA, hey this is my last week of my 20's. I'm going out with a bang!
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

you're not 30 yet?  farg you look old. 

mussa

ice grillin you

we are slamming bottles of this tonight

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous