The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

2 parts gin to 1 part tonic

then add a splash of gin.

that's the perfect gin and tonic
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

ice grillin you

i be sippin gin straight out a plastic cup....on a park bench on 12th st where my whole crew famous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Gin...and wave a bottle of vermouth in the vicinity. Toss in a couple of olives, and that's all the mixer I need.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

Troegs Nugget Nectar just got released.  My local liquor store doesnt have them yet, but i'm down for 3 cases once the distributor gets them in.  farg everyone else.  I wait all year for this beer
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

is it as delicious as the Mad Elf?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

It's less sweet, and a bit hoppier. I'm not a huge fan, but lots of folks are. My kids went to the brewery on release day, and they said that guys were rolling out of there with hand trucks full of the stuff.

Munson

I was surprised at how sweet the Mad Elf was honestly, for such a high ABV beer. With a name like "Nugget Nectar", it sounds like would be pretty sweet.

So I noticed that Sam Adams spring beer this year is Alpine Spring, replacing the Noble Pils? I heard the Noble Pils was pretty good but I've never been a big Sam Adams guy so I didn't try it. The only Sam I've really enjoyed have been the Winter Lagar and the Oktoberfest
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I had sushi the other night and had three Kirin Ichibans to wash it down.

Damn good beer.

Susquehanna Birder

Heading to a new place tomorrow for lunch.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/aroogas_draft_house_sports_bar_1.html

FWIW...check the last pic in the story. LOL

Susquehanna Birder

Lunch: Victory Uncle Teddy's Bitter on cask, followed by a snifter of Bell's Hopslam. Oh, and a few wings. Ahhh...wake me up when it's time to go home, okay?

phattymatty

i'm starting to mess around with some flavored vodkas. for no reason at all. made these strawberry and pear jars last night, and like 12 hours later the fruit is already almost completely white and the vodka is bright red and pear color (tan?). i'm also making some habenero bacon vodka later which i assume is going to be amazing in bloodys.

Sgt PSN

Last week my squaw filled up jar with gummy bears and dumped in a bunch of vodka.  Stuck it in the fridge for 2 days and the gummy bears tripled in size.  Was like doing a jello shot but gayer. 

ice grillin you

i tried the vodka thing last year and it did nothing for me...in theory its sounds like a cool idea and the jars look awesome...but i didnt get a very strong flavor from it and it def wasnt worth the time it takes...id much rather just buy regular vodka and add nectar to it....or even just buy flavored vodka

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 08, 2012, 03:38:21 PM
Last week my squaw filled up jar with gummy bears and dumped in a bunch of vodka.  Stuck it in the fridge for 2 days and the gummy bears tripled in size.  Was like doing a jello shot but gayer. 

that sounds dope....im gonna try that with swedish fish