Reggie Brown extended

Started by Feva, November 09, 2006, 07:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Just reported at the end of SportsCenter.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

now thats what i call a good extension

altho not a must id love to see a true #1 stud along side him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Nice.  :yay Despite his semi-stone hands, I like what I see outta him.  Any specifics on the deal yet? 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2006, 07:40:03 PM

Solid DT?  Wah wah wah!

Stone-hands WR?  Hell yes!

?

ice grillin you

hes tied with steve smith in drops this year....or is that stone hands smith

Feva

QuoteEagles | R. Brown agrees to five-year contract extension
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:40:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a five-year contract extension with WR Reggie Brown. The deal includes $10 million in bonus money and could be worth between $21 million to $27 million, depending on incentives. Brown still has 3 1/2 years left on his rookie deal and is now locked up until the 2014 season.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2006, 07:44:46 PM
hes tied with steve smith in drops this year....or is that stone hands smith

OHMYGODREGGIEBROWNISASGOODASSTEVESMITH!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles have agreed to a five-year extension with WR Reggie Brown that includes $10 million in bonus money. Brown, who still has 3½ years on his rookie deal, will now be locked up until 2014. The five-year deal could be worth between $21 to $27 million, depending on incentives.

Sgt PSN

So does any of this count against this year's cap?  I thought the deadline for that was on the 7th.  ???

ice grillin you

unless its somehow retroactive to the deadline then they missed it as far as getting any on this years cap...and really thats inexcusable...if you were that close to getting it done close the deal 48 hrs ago

PhillyPhreak54

It'll be on next years cap. Well, most of it.

This deadline was to add salary and pro-rated salary bonus to this year.

Now they can only add pro-rated signing bonuses, not any salary.

Spads response a few days ago;

QuoteBefore the deadline, they could structure salary AND bonus into this year's cap. AFTER the deadline, they can only have the pro-rated signing bonus count against this year's cap.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2006, 07:40:03 PM

altho not a must id love to see a true #1 stud along side him

If Stallworth can get his hammys in order... I love the thought of him and Brown together for the next few/several years.

Sgt PSN

So was I right about the initial deadline being the 7th?  Please say yes because that'll make me feel smert.  Like Joe Banner smert. 

PhillyPhreak54