Main Menu

Its a mess

Started by Eagles 3x, November 08, 2006, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

Quote from: General_Failure on November 08, 2006, 02:17:27 PM
They never had a feel for the game. They've done what they wanted to do regardless of the players they have.

Reminds me of the old Florida / Spurrier days - he always had the attitude that his gameplan was perfect, his players just didn't execute.

When we see the Eagles throw the ball on 3rd and 1 and it gets dropped, we think "damnit, if he would have run the ball, they would have picked up the first down"

Andy thinks, "darnit, that was the perfect play call - he just didn't catch the ball"

Guess what big guy...you need to adjust your game plan to the strengths and weaknesses of your own team before you start worrying about the other guys...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 08, 2006, 04:13:36 PM
Screen passes? 

Nope.  They're not even good at those anymore, because the other team sees them coming a mile away.

Sgt PSN

Failed screen passes? 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's call them "telegraphed screen passes" instead.

They also, apparently, can hang their hats on predictable audibles.

mussa

Is it just me or were the receivers catching the ball just fine and mcnabb was leading the best/big play offense in the nfl until the recent meltdown? it's not like it wasn't working early. i guess you can argue the teams were garbage early, but that doesn't justify dropped passes. i mean give the players alittle credit.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

ice grillin you

Is it just me or were the receivers catching the ball just fine and mcnabb was leading the best/big play offense in the nfl until the recent meltdown?

its not about what they did in weeks 2-4 of any season....and they could come out this weekend and put 40 on the board and it wouldnt matter....the concern is can this kind of offense win a superbowl..and the answer is a resounding NO
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

I don't even want to think about what happens to this offense at the end of the year when it gets cold as shtein and windy as hell because we know Andy won't change his 45 pass/15 run gameplan.  It'll make the games at New York, Washington and Dallas interesting to say the least.

The philosophy needs to change.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 08, 2006, 05:06:27 PM
2nd and 10 = run.

My buddy attented the JAX game and said that on 2nd and long, the whole crowd was screaming "WESTBROOK UP THE MIDDLE!" because they knew it was coming.

He also said he saw some guys get kicked out after they held up the following signs:

Sign 1: "Bench the STILLUPFRONT*"
Sign 2: "Put in the HBIONIC*"

*If you have to ask, move along.

mussa

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 08, 2006, 05:10:37 PM
Is it just me or were the receivers catching the ball just fine and mcnabb was leading the best/big play offense in the nfl until the recent meltdown?

its not about what they did in weeks 2-4 of any season....and they could come out this weekend and put 40 on the board and it wouldnt matter....the concern is can this kind of offense win a superbowl..and the answer is a resounding NO

Oh I couldn't agree more. I was just pointing out that were have the potential to be that big play offense. Reid is an idiot though and doesn't change up his playcalling for diff. teams/schemes etc...He just continues to be the most obvious playcaller in the NFL. Woe is Us.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here's a sloppy pile of shtein from Sam Rayburn:

Quote"I don't know if it's pride that has been hurt as much as it is ego. We thought we had this aura about us, like we were unbeatable and we could go out and things would fall at our feet. That's not the way you can play in a league that is so close. Everybody has good players and everybody can make plays. We just have to go out and execute rather than going out trying not to get beat."

Cut Rayburn.

Feva

Quote from: mussa on November 08, 2006, 05:41:24 PM

Oh I couldn't agree more. I was just pointing out that were have the potential to be that big play offense. Reid is an idiot though and doesn't change up his playcalling for diff. teams/schemes etc...He just continues to be the most obvious playcaller in the NFL. Woe is Us.

They have more than potential... the Eagles DO have the big play offense.  The problem is that's all they have.  If there's not someone breaking a play for 60 yards on a scoring drive... the score doesn't happen.  They don't have the ability to sustain a methodical drive down the field.  Think about it.  When's the last time this offense had a double digit play scoring drive?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 08, 2006, 05:43:05 PM
Here's a sloppy pile of shtein from Sam Rayburn:

Quote"I don't know if it's pride that has been hurt as much as it is ego. We thought we had this aura about us, like we were unbeatable and we could go out and things would fall at our feet. That's not the way you can play in a league that is so close. Everybody has good players and everybody can make plays. We just have to go out and execute rather than going out trying not to get beat."

Cut Rayburn.

Is he talking about the team or about Andy?

mussa

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 08, 2006, 05:46:23 PM

They have more than potential... the Eagles DO have the big play offense.  The problem is that's all they have.  If there's not someone breaking a play for 60 yards on a scoring drive... the score doesn't happen.  They don't have the ability to sustain a methodical drive down the field.  Think about it.  When's the last time this offense had a double digit play scoring drive?

Drive?  Whats a drive?

Tomahawk

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 08, 2006, 05:06:27 PM
2nd and 10 = run.

That's only because 1st and 10 = pass.

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 08, 2006, 05:46:23 PM

2001?