Main Menu

Its a mess

Started by Eagles 3x, November 08, 2006, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles 3x

Jon Ritchie on Cold Pizza. Asked whats wrong with the Eagles. His answer not word for word.
Eagles scheme is set up to be a big play team. Eagles want to be the St L Rams greatest show on turf but don't  have the players. They keep spending money upgrading interior linemen contracts midyear to save money in the long run and won't spend money on WRs. Can't be big play O without big play receivers. After the TO deal they won't spend big money on Wr again. Without the big play receivers need to run the ball. Can't do that. Don't have the linemen or RBs to do that. In a tonado at Jacksonville they ran the ball 15 times.
His final comment....Its a mess.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

PhillyPhreak54

I saw that too.

Ritchie is already the best analyst on ESPN. He's done like to shows and is better than the rest of the slop they have working there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Get Ritchie as next OC of the Eagles.

Susquehanna Birder

Wingspan

Quote from: Eagles 3x on November 08, 2006, 01:02:46 PM
Jon Ritchie on Cold Pizza<stop> Asked whats wrong with the Eagles<stop> His answer not word for word<stop>
Eagles scheme is set up to be a big play team<stop> Eagles want to be the St L Rams greatest show on turf but don't  have the players<stop> They keep spending money upgrading interior linemen contracts midyear to save money in the long run and won't spend money on WRs<stop> Can't be big play O without big play receivers<stop> After the TO deal they won't spend big money on Wr again<stop> Without the big play receivers need to run the ball<stop> Can't do that<stop> Don't have the linemen or RBs to do that. In a tonado at Jacksonville they ran the ball 15 times<stop>
His final comment....Its a mess<end message>

i just read this like it was a telegram
<stop>
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

Tomahawk

dis12

if every farging sports analyst, and every armchair quarterback, and every blogger, etc can see the Eagles issues, WHY THE farg can't Andy&Co see the problems too?
As I said before,  Eagles coaching has lost their "feel" for the game.

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

General_Failure

They never had a feel for the game. They've done what they wanted to do regardless of the players they have.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

But playing to the strength of your personnel would totally not take the opposition by surprise!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 08, 2006, 03:39:24 PM
But playing to the strength of your personnel would totally not take the opposition by surprise!

This man speaketh the trutheth. 

Richie's comments got me thinking a little though...... exactly what is the Eagles strength offensively? 

They don't have the personnel to be a running team like Pittsburgh (last year).

They don't have the personnel to run a high powered offense like Vermeil's Rams.

They don't have the personnel to run a true version of the WCO like the old 49ers teams because their recievers can't catch.

So other than McNabb running around behind the LOS, puking and throwing balls in the dirt, just what is this team's identity?  Screen passes?   

ice grillin you

So other than McNabb running around behind the LOS, puking and throwing balls in the dirt

lolololol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 08, 2006, 04:13:36 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on November 08, 2006, 03:39:24 PM

This man speaketh the trutheth. 

Richie's comments got me thinking a little though...... exactly what is the Eagles strength offensively? 

They don't have the personnel to be a running team like Pittsburgh (last year).

They don't have the personnel to run a high powered offense like Vermeil's Rams.

They don't have the personnel to run a true version of the WCO like the old 49ers teams because their recievers can't catch.

So other than McNabb running around behind the LOS, puking and throwing balls in the dirt, just what is this team's identity?  Screen passes?   

:-D A picture of McNabb doing that is very vivid in my head.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.