Mike Patterson To Be Extended?

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 01, 2006, 02:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i think what they are referring to as unique is the fact that the eagles gave all that money to a guy who hasnt even played two years in the league and when he has played hes been underwhelming
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Signings like this and the extension they gave to Dirk Johnson tell me that they're more interested in sticking with their plan of signing their own guys rather than looking for better alternatives in the open market.

It's like Banner can point to them and say, "see, we're spending all of our cap dollars, and we're doing it on guys we drafted or better yet, got off the scrap heap - look at how smart we are!!"

I wouldn't mind so much if they were spending money on guys who actually deserve an extension but Patterson doesn't.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 03, 2006, 08:22:10 AM
Signings like this and the extension they gave to Dirk Johnson tell me that they're more interested in sticking with their plan of signing their own guys rather than looking for better alternatives in the open market.

It's like Banner can point to them and say, "see, we're spending all of our cap dollars, and we're doing it on guys we drafted or better yet, got off the scrap heap - look at how smart we are!!"

I wouldn't mind so much if they were spending money on guys who actually deserve an extension but Patterson doesn't.

Do you have any original thoughts, or did you just want to suckle off IGY's mind-teet some more?

ice grillin you

theres still room if youd like to get on it as well

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nah.  While I do think the Eagles' organization is stubborn across the board, I also think the contract isn't worth complaining about.  Patterson's proven to be at worst a 2nd/3rd DT in a rotation, and he's getting some coin in his pocket for it.  The contract is not ridiculously rich and doesn't hurt the Eagles' plans to do anything they want personnel-wise in the future.  Especially when every other DT on the team has been coming up ridiculously small, I just can't find a reason to whine about this contract.

There are plenty of real problems this team has.  Patterson's contract doesn't rate.

phattymatty

The only thing I like about this signing is that I can now wear the same jersey for the next couple years.

Other than that it's a ridiculously stupid move.  I think he very well might be a really good tackle some day, but we have a bit more needs at the moment than signing a 2rd year guy to 7 years.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 08:53:18 AM

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 09:53:41 AM
get off the teet son

so which is it?  there's room to wannabe, or there isn't?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Patterson's contract extension alone isn't worth getting upset over.

Combining it with the other extensions that have been given out causes me some concern because in more than a few cases, they haven't proven to have deserved them.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on November 03, 2006, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 08:53:18 AM

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 09:53:41 AM
get off the teet son

so which is it?  there's room to wannabe, or there isn't?

He's saving room, but only for me, because I'm special.

SD_Eagle5

Looks like I'm in the minority but I like this move. They didn't necessarily break the bank and he's a good young player.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 03, 2006, 01:30:16 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority but I like this move. They didn't necessarily break the bank and he's a good young player.

Wrong.  If you're angry at the team, you have to criticize everything they do.  Try again.

SunMo

4 pages about this crap...everyone killyourselves, quickly
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

Although I understand the move, I would rather have seen the team wait a year or two on Patterson and use the 9 million bonus bucks on a solid playmaking LB this off season.

rjs246

Right now, I would rather the team spend $10mil on buying out AR's contract tham extending anyone on the roster. I wish I was kidding.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.