Mike Patterson To Be Extended?

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 01, 2006, 02:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

I'm OK with it.  Now let's get Bunkley starting ahead of Walker...

Rome

Bunkley should have reported to camp on time.

If he had, he'd be starting by now.

:-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 02, 2006, 03:45:53 PM
I'm OK with it.  Now let's get Bunkley starting ahead of Walker...

Why?  We've seen nothing to believe he can play at at NFL level yet.  NOTHING.

Cerevant

Quote from: dis12 on November 02, 2006, 03:36:58 PM
from ESPN:
QuoteAt 5 feet, 11 inches tall, Mike Patterson didn't tower over other top defensive tackles available in the 2005 draft, but now he can say he towers over his draft class financially.
By signing this extension, Patterson locked himself into $12.825 million in guarantees before his third year.

...and after his third year he can start whining about his contract and badmouthing the FO, after which he can become a de-facto free agent.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

There's still plenty of room for Bunkley to "lap" him and for the Eagles to pay him if it happens, but don't hold your breath

there also was the hope that they would sign a stud free agent run stopping DT some day....this extension pretty much eliminates that hope and says that they are locked into their same philosophy of going with a small quick line...unless bunkley is a complete and total bust and is off the team in a couple years and they replace him with a large man who can stop the run

this isnt a move i will bash...but it was premature and unecessary
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Blame the philosophy of the DC for that one.  Jim Johnson has to go before they ever sign a "big run-stuffing DT".

DH

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2006, 04:25:31 PM
There's still plenty of room for Bunkley to "lap" him and for the Eagles to pay him if it happens, but don't hold your breath

there also was the hope that they would sign a stud free agent run stopping DT some day....this extension pretty much eliminates that hope and says that they are locked into their same philosophy of going with a small quick line...unless bunkley is a complete and total bust and is off the team in a couple years and they replace him with a large man who can stop the run

this isnt a move i will bash...but it was premature and unecessary

Clap it up for this man.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

No.  Most of that post was circular logic, and in summary he actually said very little.

Father Demon

I'm not torn up by this deal, but I'm not estatic about it either.  It probably could have waited a year, but I assume it was done to get money under this year's cap instead of next year.  Patt gets a hell of a lot of guarenteed money, but I bet it's structured in such a way that it can be terminated early if necessary without much of a hit.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 02, 2006, 05:07:43 PM
No.  Most of that post was circular logic, and in summary he actually said very little.

Clap it up for you then.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

General_Failure

I'm going to say it. I don't like this deal. A player has just been rewarded for being less of a screwup than the players around him. The fact that anyone has gotten a new deal after the last month is a joke.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Feva

Wingspan

a defensive lineman, who isnt even 6 feet tall now essentially has an 11 year contract?

11 years?!?!

stupid
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.