Mike Patterson To Be Extended?

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 01, 2006, 02:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

As always, take Eskin's word for what its worth, but he is reporting that the Eagles and Mike Patterson are close agreeing on a contract extension. I haven't heard this anywhere else but on WIP so who knows.

General_Failure

Thank god. Now we can all rest easy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even though I'm his *sponsor*, I think it's extremely clear that he's the best DT on the team by far.  All the others in the rotation have been completely useless of late, but he's still doing his thing.

Team Patterson approved this message.

ice grillin you

i think andy believes that if he extends someone that means they are worth it and by default makes that player a great draft pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

dis12

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 01, 2006, 05:23:09 AM
Even though I'm his *sponsor*, I think it's extremely clear that he's the best DT on the team by far.  All the others in the rotation have been completely useless of late, but he's still doing his thing.

Team Patterson approved this message.

Great!  the best DT on a team of underperforming tackles. 

remember, 1 INT return for a TD does not a great tackle make.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PoopyfaceMcGee

That was a fumble recovery.

But seriously, if you watch, Patterson does a lot in the middle without any help from the other tackles.  Despite what others are still hoping to believe, he's shown much more promise for a solid career than Bunkley.

ice grillin you

i agree but at this point in time hes not deserving of an extention

PoopyfaceMcGee

There are zero players on the Eagles at this point in time deserving of an extension.

Sgt PSN

Mahe's getting a lifetime contract. 

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 01, 2006, 08:51:07 AM
That was a fumble recovery.

But seriously, if you watch, Patterson does a lot in the middle without any help from the other tackles.  Despite what others are still hoping to believe, he's shown much more promise for a solid career than Bunkley.

A full offseason + training camp with the team will make all the difference where Bunkley's concerned.

Mark it.

;)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Ugh... Temple won and FSU lost last weekend.

Kill me.  Kill me now.

:-X

Eaglez

Patterson needs a compliment. He needs someone to fill gaps so he can be freed up to go after the QB. There isn't a DT on the roster that can do that at all.

I hate watching on TV the passing and running lanes the Eagles give up on passing downs. The D-line does not rush in their lanes, they are all over the place, and have no awareness of where they are on the field. Granted, sometimes such balls to the wall pursuit of the QB leads to sacks, but a lot of the time if the QB is savvy enough to step up in the pocket he has clear lanes to throw to his WR's. And, if no one has too much seperation, the lanes are big enough to even allow the slowest QB to at least pick up a few yards and keep the chains moving.

This team lacks discipline! Or, the coaching scheme has to change.

Zanshin

When the going gets rough, the Eagles tend to like to extend popular players to take the edge off.  Seems to be a pretty consistent MO.

ice grillin you

When the going gets rough, the Eagles tend to like to extend popular players to take the edge off.

thats an interesting take...i wouldnt put it past this regime but id like to see a time line...westbrook last year would certainly support this

what i dont get is why fans think when a young player gets extended that its automatically a great move