Eagles midseason grades.

Started by The BIGSTUD, October 31, 2006, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on November 01, 2006, 08:17:51 AM
Is there anything lower than an F that we can give to special teams and coaching?

A hard, dry F.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on November 01, 2006, 08:17:51 AM
Is there anything lower than an F that we can give to special teams and coaching?

RJS

Wingspan

the offense shouldnt get an F on it's own. the offense, in all but one game, have put the eagles in the lead at one point during the game (twice in the 4th quarter) and put the team in prime position to win.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on November 01, 2006, 08:47:26 AM
the offense shouldnt get an F on it's own. the offense, in all but one game, have put the eagles in the lead at one point during the game (twice in the 4th quarter) and put the team in prime position to win.

Right, I agree.  But since the offense is directly more responsible for the last two losses than is the defense, and those two losses brought the team from a respectable 4-2 to a mediocre 4-4, they certainly don't deserve anything greater than a D.  A big, fat, hairy, smelly D.

ice grillin you

the jacksonville game alone should have gotten andy reid sent to military school or something

we all know the factors that existed during the game so i wont go into that but

39 passes
15 rushes

for whatever reason if thats not enough how about these season first half numbers

301 pass plays
161 rush plays

if it wasnt so pathetic it would be laughable

perhaps if the defense was allowed to rest more often the undersized tackles and weak linebackers would get owened like they did sunday

season time of possesion

so basically the defense has played a full game more than the offense

andy reid = expelled
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

ice grillin you

this is the half way point of the season, and the eagles have forced ONE 3 and out in the 4th quarter this year. ONE. that...is farging pathetic.

key words are "4th quarter"

im not absolving the defense of any fault cause they havent been good but dont you think theres a reason they are having trouble late in games...because by then they have spent an inordinate amount of time on the field...add in the fact that they are a small to begin with and you have a recipe for disaster

even when the eagles score they do it quickly because they throw it down the field...its not an offense conducive to winning close physical games and its why it will never win a championship

ice grillin you

again...the head coach could care less about the defense and does absolutely nothing to help it

Sgt PSN

That TOP stat for the year is sick IGY.  Good work. 

I've been bitching about this since the GB game........as "great" as the Eagles offense has been, they are completely incapable of eating clock.  The offense is averaging about 2m30s on TOP on drives resulting in touchdowns.  They're also averaging close to the same thing on drives not resulting in touchdowns. 

I tried dressing up like Andy Reid last night for Halloween but it was a lot harder for me to shove my head up my ass than I originally thought it'd be. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2006, 09:49:10 AM
again...the head coach could care less about the defense and does absolutely nothing to help it

Are you speaking purely from a personnel standpoint?  Because as bad as Jim Johnson's defense has been playing, it is mildly comforting that Reid basically has no influence in coaching them.  That would be even worse.

ice grillin you

im saying the way he calls games and his offensive philosophy completely ignores the defense

whats funny is that the DC's philosophy is to go with small quick tackles...guys that more easily wear down...yet the offensive philosophy keeps the defense on the field way too much

contradiction....much like passing 100 times a game with an inaccurate qb who never has good wr's

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2006, 09:34:04 AM
im not absolving the defense of any fault cause they havent been good but dont you think theres a reason they are having trouble late in games...because by then they have spent an inordinate amount of time on the field...add in the fact that they are a small to begin with and you have a recipe for disaster

They start bad. How many opening drive scores has this defense let up? They suck, and it doesn't matter how long the offense is on the field.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's all part of the gold standard's master plan.  Trust the front office.

I nearly actually vomited just trying to type that.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2006, 08:56:28 AM
the jacksonville game alone should have gotten andy reid sent to military school or something

we all know the factors that existed during the game so i wont go into that but

39 passes
15 rushes

for whatever reason if thats not enough how about these season first half numbers

301 pass plays
161 rush plays

if it wasnt so pathetic it would be laughable

What makes this even more sickening is that the Eagles average something like 4.8 ypc... without McNabb's runs.  With McNabb, it's 5.1.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews