Main Menu

Terrible

Started by shorebird, October 31, 2006, 05:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

he can learn to cover...hasnt been asked to do much of it so far but he defintely has the skills to do so

dook is a beast and with OLB being weak as hell hes the pick right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 31, 2006, 10:54:36 AM
Landry is a Coverage Liability

I'll take a coverage liability over a tackling liability right now. 

TexasEagle

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 31, 2006, 11:05:58 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 31, 2006, 10:54:36 AM
Landry is a Coverage Liability

I'll take a coverage liability over a tackling liability right now.

Wurd! Having someone that can tackle on FIRST contact would be an amazing change of pace. Hell even if they can just hold the up/ slow him down so that the rest of the D can eventually get off the ground after being blocked to the sidelines and pancaked would be nice.

Man, the D sucks. :'(

ice grillin you

lol @ this:

The Eagles didn't show up last week, they stunk and I still have the windows open trying to get the stench outta' my living room from that game.

But what is really terrible is seeing threads saying the season has passed this team by, and we might as well start talking about the draft when this season is only half over!!

There are eight more games to play people!! How can anyone be ready to pack it in half way through the season!?!? Does anyone think this offense is really as bad as they played last week?? I don't, and I feel that McNabb will bring them back to play better. I'm not saying Superbowl, but I know that there is enough talent on this team that they can play much better than the pile of crap they layed down Sunday.

I knew there would be all the "McNabb Sucks" and "Fire Andy Ried" comments. If you listen to all that crap, then you had to believe at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't even be in the race for the playoffs or division winner. We were supposed to be getting our asses kicked by the much improved NFC East. Well, so much for that bullcrap. The taterskins couldn't beat my sons High School team, and Dallas and the Giants are just as inconsistant as the Eagles.

Even as bad as the Eagles played last week, we are still in this thing people. I love football and my team too damn much to give up halfway through the season. If I didn't think that way, I wouldn't even bother watching.

So go ahead and call me a dumb ass homer. When all you iceholes get pissed enough to sell me your tickets, let me know. You might as well stop wasting your money

....turning into a draft thread

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2006, 11:00:52 AM
he can learn to cover

Michael Lewis?

or

Yeah, because the coaches here have been great at teaching the guys they have.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

lewis is slow and plodding...he doesnt have the physical capabiltities to cover never has....landry is quick and can run he has all the tools to cover hes just never been required to do so at lsu...big difference

General_Failure

Your plan still relies on the coaching staff. Do you really not see the flaw here?

ice grillin you

so youre suggesting they skip the draft all together then?

cause i dont see any great coaches on this team

General_Failure

RB coach seems to do alright. Castillo still has a job for a reason, I think.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2006, 01:07:00 PM
so youre suggesting they skip the draft all together then?

cause i dont see any great coaches on this team

Quit bringing your taterskins philosophies over here. 

shorebird

Nov 12 - vs. Washington, 
Nov 19 - vs. Tennessee,   
Nov 26 - at Indianapolis, 
Dec 4 - vs. Carolina,   
Dec 10 - at Washington, 
Dec 17 - at NY Giants,   
Dec 25 - at Dallas,   
Dec 31 - vs. Atlanta,   

Indy is a definate loss, the Giants probable, and although I by no means say the Eagles win the rest, the rest are winnable games by this team. Carolina is 4-4, and Tennesee is 2-6. And yes, even a 12 year old can look at that and think wild card. If we come off the buy and stomp the taterskins, that would be a division win and could start this offense on a roll.

Last week was a terrible game by the Eagles, but to give up on them now is nuts.

Wingspan

Quote from: shorebird on October 31, 2006, 02:48:02 PM
Nov 12 - vs. Washington, 
Nov 19 - vs. Tennessee,   
Nov 26 - at Indianapolis, 

Last week was a terrible game by the Eagles, but to give up on them now is nuts.

in theory i agree.

the 4-4 hole is going to be a tough climb. basically, the eagles need an undefeated november. if they can correct these issues...7-4 would be a great spot for them to be in all things considered.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

tampa and jacksonville were guaranteed wins too

they have to win 6 of 8 just to get to ten wins...ever the homer in you is admitting that there is a guaranteed loss vs colts and a more than olikely loss vs giants...that means they have to go 6-0 in the other games...games that include....at dallas....atlanta....carolina and even at washington which is far from guaranteed...hell the skins put 36 on the board in a win over the same team the eagles just got embarrassed by

season OVER

The BIGSTUD

Is the season over? No. Does it look good? No.

I usually take the optimistic approach to anything. I take that approach until I can't take it anymore. Sunday was the last straw. I have nothing to be optimistic about. Even if I pretended to be, I'd just be lying to myself to set myself up for disappointment.

There is only one thing right now I can say about the season. If the Eagles somehow get into the playoffs, then they obviously will have majorly turned something around, considering how awful they are playing right now. So if that happens then they got a chance to go to the Superbowl. Because to make the playoffs right now they are going to have to go 6-2 the rest of the way. With the tough final 8 games, if they do that then they will be one of the best teams in football to only have 2 losses with these games.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2006, 02:56:19 PM
tampa and jacksonville were guaranteed wins too

they have to win 6 of 8 just to get to ten wins...ever the homer in you is admitting that there is a guaranteed loss vs colts and a more than olikely loss vs giants...that means they have to go 6-0 in the other games...games that include....at dallas....atlanta....carolina and even at washington which is far from guaranteed...hell the skins put 36 on the board in a win over the same team the eagles just got embarrassed by

season OVER

Even with Jacksonville's recent struggles/injuries I don't think too many off us around these parts had it chalked up as a win.  But it definately wasn't one of those definate losses that we had it as when the schedule came out.