Main Menu

Terrible

Started by shorebird, October 31, 2006, 05:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

The Eagles didn't show up last week, they stunk and I still have the windows open trying to get the stench outta' my living room from that game.

But what is really terrible is seeing threads saying the season has passed this team by, and we might as well start talking about the draft when this season is only half over!!

There are eight more games to play people!! How can anyone be ready to pack it in half way through the season!?!? Does anyone think this offense is really as bad as they played last week?? I don't, and I feel that McNabb will bring them back to play better. I'm not saying Superbowl, but I know that there is enough talent on this team that they can play much better than the pile of crap they layed down Sunday.

I knew there would be all the "McNabb Sucks" and "Fire Andy Ried" comments. If you listen to all that crap, then you had to believe at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't even be in the race for the playoffs or division winner. We were supposed to be getting our asses kicked by the much improved NFC East. Well, so much for that bullcrap. The taterskins couldn't beat my sons High School team, and Dallas and the Giants are just as inconsistant as the Eagles.

Even as bad as the Eagles played last week, we are still in this thing people. I love football and my team too damn much to give up halfway through the season. If I didn't think that way, I wouldn't even bother watching.

So go ahead and call me a dumb ass homer. When all you iceholes get pissed enough to sell me your tickets, let me know. You might as well stop wasting your money.

Magical_Retard

careful now...thats a lil too much optimism. ur supposed to hate the team and not care about them anymore.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

If you listen to all that crap, then you had to believe at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't even be in the race for the playoffs or division winner

i believed that they could have just as easily finished last in the division as first...the thing is tho...a first place finish was predicated on mopping up on the easy as hell first half schedule...so if you had told me in august that they would be 4-4 at the bye i would have said no chance at the playoffs...and thats what im saying now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 31, 2006, 08:21:39 AM
if you had told me in august that they would be 4-4 at the bye i would have said no chance at the playoffs...and thats what im saying now

holla! 

Butchers Bill

Quote from: shorebird on October 31, 2006, 05:08:50 AM
I knew there would be all the "McNabb Sucks" and "Fire Andy Ried" comments. If you listen to all that crap, then you had to believe at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't even be in the race for the playoffs or division winner.

Maybe people are saying that because they thought the Eagles WERE a playoff contender?  Perhaps it was the 3 games the Eagles blew in OT or the 4th quarter and the one when they didn't show up?

Or maybe its 8 years of frustration at a head coach that never endeared himself to the media or the fans?  Eight years of making the same mistakes and never fixing them?  Christ, many in this fan base would love to see Buddy Ryan come out of retirement even though he never won a playoff game and only a small  percentage of regular season games compared to Reid.

People are not calling for AR's head because of one game or four games.  Its the pattern of the last 8 years thats going to do him in.

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

People are not calling for AR's head because of one game or four games.  Its the pattern of the last 8 years thats going to do him in.

money post

Rome

I'm sick of having expectations for the Eagles only to have them dashed to bits by players who seemingly don't give a shtein, coaches who are inept, and player personnel people who pass over guys in the draft who could seriously help the team now instead of years down the line.

Despite all that, I was crazily optimistic at the start of the season.

The Eagles had to be at least 6-2 at this point of the season to have any shot at the playoffs.

They're 4-4.

SEASON OVER.

SunMo

this thread is terrible...and people who get mad at the ones (me included) who are saying the season is over are terrible. 

you don't think so?  fine, go be that little 12 year old boy who has nothing but optimism.  the rest of us are going to act like adults and take what we've seen, past and present, and apply it what will most likely happen the rest of the year.

nobody's telling the blind homer's to stop believing, except when they start to chastise the realists.  go be optimistic with yourself, leave the adults to talk amongst ourselves.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

This thread would be lucky to snack on donkey feces.

Rome

Is it possible to be blindly optimistic and wretchedly pessimistic at the same time?

If so, I think that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

:-D

Tomahawk

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 31, 2006, 09:20:24 AM
Is it possible to be blindly optimistic and wretchedly pessimistic at the same time?

If so, I think that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

:-D

It is. I think the Eagles are going to back into the playoffs.... at 4-12.

Sgt PSN

I'm optimistic about the fact that the Eagles will find a way to finish the season at 3-11. 

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

Landry is a Coverage Liability
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons