2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on March 07, 2007, 01:22:10 PM
I'm actually having fun following this last place team. No chance of my guts getting ripped out, unlike certain other teams that I follow...

The only chance of us having our guts ripped out is if they play too well down the stretch and lose the #1 pick.

I fully expect that to happen because, you know, we're Philly fans.

BigEd76

Flyers lost 2-1 tonight vs Florida.  ah well

SD_Eagle5

Game winnning goal compliments of Biron

Belfour was great tonight - too bad the Flyers couldn't capitilize in the 2nd period when they were flat out dominate. Too many shots hit the post. Oh well.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteBiron talks set to begin

The Philadelphia Flyers are expected to begin contract negotiations with goaltender Martin Biron's agent, Gilles Lupien, in the next few days.

Biron, 29, is in the final year of a contract that pays him $2.1 million and is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Source: Cameden Courier-Post

Link

BigEd76

LeClair was back in town and passed a Flyers physical

Looks like he wants to finish the last few games and retire as a Flyer...

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Nice thing to do, but if it's pretty sad if he could've gone to a playoff team. If not, then alright.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Beat Boston 4-1 today.  Gagne, Richards, Upshall (SH) and Afanasenkov (EN)

dis12

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 10, 2007, 04:45:17 PM
Beat Boston 4-1 today.  Gagne, Richards, Upshall (SH) and Afanasenkov (EN)
Great shot/goal by Upshall!  Another nice performance by Biron!

looks like Gags is gonna be sitting for awhile, the dreaded groin injury.  ouch.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Seabiscuit36

Upshall has been an amazing pickup, i really have to say he was mislableled coming over from Nashville.  That shot was ridiculous yesterday
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

I don't know if he was mislabeled or just never given the oppurtunity (he only played in 77 games in 4 seasons at Nashville). 5 goals 4 assists in 11 games is great, whats even greater is he could have easily scored another 2 or 3 goals and that he's still learning a new system and playing with new linemates. Plus he's only 23.

Rome

rjs246

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 11, 2007, 11:53:49 AM
I don't know if he was mislabeled or just never given the oppurtunity (he only played in 77 games in 4 seasons at Nashville). 5 goals 4 assists in 11 games is great, whats even greater is he could have easily scored another 2 or 3 goals and that he's still learning a new system and playing with new linemates. Plus he's only 23.

He's been on fire and he seems to be jumping out of his skin with excitement to be playing in Philly. There's a lot of youth on this team now. Fun stuff.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

The first team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 13, 2007, 12:16:37 AM
The first team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs

Really?  Shocking.  ;)