Kearse placed on IR. Dustin Fox promoted.

Started by The BIGSTUD, September 19, 2006, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: General_Failure on September 29, 2006, 02:10:26 AM
Anyone that seriously expect this team to draft a any RB over 215 lbs on the first day of the draftneeds to be taken out back and be put down.

I guess you had better get the gun then.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

You seriously expect that?  Ha!  Next you'll tell me it'll be in the first round too.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on September 29, 2006, 06:55:39 AMThey pay millions more to have the most advanced medical personel and equipment available to them for training and treatment.

No kidding.  I read in the current edition of Wired (swiped from the mail room) that the Eagles give players a pill before the game that contains a thermostat that is readable by radio frequency (or some techno mumbo jumbo), so the team can minotor monitor core body temperature through the game.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

are you talking about the thing that sends an electric shock thru andys body whenever he calls a running play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

well considering the defense was on the field almost the entire 3rd quarter, I'd say Reid is to blame for the dehydration  :puke
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 29, 2006, 09:19:59 AM
You seriously expect that?  Ha!  Next you'll tell me it'll be in the first round too.

He said first 3 rounds, I would doubt it would be in the first round.  Unless they keep Buck and want to rely on his knee again I wouldn't see it out of the realm of possibilities.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dreamweaver - I believe you can get me through the night.

Feva

Andy hasn't drafted a "big back" in his entire time here (outside of Tapeh who was drafted to play FB).  Why do you think it'll be any different next year?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 29, 2006, 12:05:09 PM
Andy hasn't drafted a "big back" in his entire time here (outside of Tapeh who was drafted to play FB). Why do you think it'll be any different next year?

Because Andy Reid knows how to identify his mistakes and correct them immediately. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I know no one likes to admit it but Buck is a 'big back', at 6'0 220 he's roughly the same size as Corey Dillon.

Displaced

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 29, 2006, 12:23:05 PM
I know no one likes to admit it but Buck is a 'big back', at 6'0 220 he's roughly the same size as Corey Dillon.

This is exactly what I was thinking reading the last page or so of this thread.  Wasn't he even bigger than that when he was drafted?

Then again he was drafted in the fourth round so the arguement still holds.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on September 29, 2006, 09:25:55 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on September 29, 2006, 06:55:39 AMThey pay millions more to have the most advanced medical personel and equipment available to them for training and treatment.

No kidding.  I read in the current edition of Wired (swiped from the mail room) that the Eagles give players a pill before the game that contains a thermostat that is readable by radio frequency (or some techno mumbo jumbo), so the team can minotor monitor core body temperature through the game.

Yep. The person who developed that is either from West Chester or works for West Chester University - can't recall which. All the trainers have to do is walk up to the player with the device and squeeze the trigger and it gives them the core temp.

The next thing they need to do is get those water cooled shoulder pads like Dallas uses.

As for the dehydration thing - its something that I never understood either. But it happens leaguewide. And the weird thing is that it happens in even mild conditions. I guess they use up so much electrolytes that they simply cannot replace them fast enough orally. So short of hooking 'em up to an IV after each series I guess there snot much they can do.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.