Kearse placed on IR. Dustin Fox promoted.

Started by The BIGSTUD, September 19, 2006, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

After hearing that I'm not so sure we can bank on Kearse being a productive player for the Eagles ever again.

PhillyPhreak54

FOX Sports Link

QuoteFOX NFL Sunday and FOXSports.com have learned the extent of Pro Bowl DE Jevon Kearse's knee injury and it includes damage more than simply to a few ligaments. Kearse completely tore his medial collateral ligament (MCL) but suffered partial tears to his LCL (lateral collateral ligament) and PCL (posterior cruciate ligament). The damage unfortunately wasn't confined to the ligaments as Kearse also popped his hamstring tendon, strained his quadriceps tendon, dislocated his knee cap, fractured his tibia and tore the capsule that holds it all together.

Sounds terrible and it certainly is but had Kearse's knee been twisted for another second or one more degree in rotation he risked coming awfully close to becoming Robert Edwards. Edwards, you will remember, completely tore his knee playing beach football after a stunning rookie season for the Patriots years ago. He worked for years to come back and caught on with the 'Fins but never became a starting-caliber back again.

Had Kearse torn his ACL, basically, the entire knee would have been ripped and completely dislocated one part of his leg from the other. But because it stayed put, there is actually a chance he could be up and going for next year's camp. Remember, this is the same staff who got Terrell Owens back on the field for the Super Bowl with a major-league messed up ankle

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

After hearing that I'm not so sure we can bank on Kearse being a productive player for the Eagles ever again.

that was the case the minute he was put on IR
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

mussa

Quote from: shorebird on September 24, 2006, 06:13:21 PM
Anyone starting to miss Jevon yet??

we had 2 or 3 sacks on a very elusive QB. correct me if im wrong. i'd say thats pretty good. we should of had him 5 or 6 times. I think we're par for course.

andy reid on the other hand needs to be cut!  :-D
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

Where did Glazer get this info that the Eagles couldn't get it? Or did the Eagles just lie about the report?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

told everyone the minute they promoted scrub fox that hood was playing this game

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 24, 2006, 09:34:18 PM
no...footballguys.com did

Quotearnaz battle is my sleeper fantasy player of the week

Quoteit mgiht be

but igy>>>>footballguys

anyway its not real tough to look and see who joselio hanson is covering this week
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.