Kearse placed on IR. Dustin Fox promoted.

Started by The BIGSTUD, September 19, 2006, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on September 19, 2006, 05:59:48 PM
6 year old autistic boy

I was trying to steer the conversation AWAY from Dustin Fox.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 19, 2006, 04:04:16 PM
Quick! Name me a respectable, serviceable white CB! (No, you can't name Dustin Fox)

Erlakkerz!1!@!!1!

phattymatty

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

PFT link

QuoteKEARSE AVOIDS TRIFECTA

A league source tells us that Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse has suffered a torn MCL and PCL in his left knee, but that the ACL is not torn.

That's good news (sort of) for Kearse, since the repair and rehab of a torn ACL is a difficult, arduous process.

The source says that Kearse will be evaluated soon by Miami surgeon Dr. John Uribe, who repaired within the past couple of years a torn MCL and PCL suffered by Jags running back Fred Taylor.  Surgery could be performed as early as next week.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have placed Kearse on injured reserve, ending his season.  To take his place on the active roster, the Eagles promoted CB Dustin Fox, a former third-round draft pick of the Vikings who joined the Eagles' practice squad earlier this year.

hunt

maybe fox was brought up to play special teams so somebody else wouldn't have to...probably somebody from the secondary.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

A league source tells us that Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse has suffered a torn MCL and PCL in his left knee, but that the ACL is not torn.

exactly what i said...no way you severly sprain three ligaments...one or two had to be torn...especially because of the direction the knee went...it was indentical to carson palmer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

No, not really.

QuoteCarson Palmer's knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," involving numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, his surgeon said Thursday.

QuoteThe team announced that he had torn the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. The damage was much more extensive and severe, but Dr. Lonnie Paulos said surgery went well and Palmer could be back for the start of the season.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2006, 06:07:34 AM

exactly what i said...no way you severly sprain three ligaments...one or two had to be torn...especially because of the direction the knee went...it was indentical to carson palmer

My guess is that some of the ligaments were 'partially' torn which is much different than them being fully torn. Often times partial tears are so minute that they're listed as severe sprains.

ice grillin you

lol...im saying the knee moved in an identical way to palmers...not the injuries themselves
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

I know... I'm really just farging with you.

I knew Palmer had farged up a lot of shtein in his knee so I really just went to look myself.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cole will start on the same side (weak) he's been playing on.  Howard will move over to strong side DE.

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting.

I don't know that I like that though. I would almost rather see them leave it as is and just start McDougle or Thomas at DE and keep the rotation the same. Then if that doesn't work you move it around like this.

Also...with Hood doubtful we're looking at Joselio Hanson starting. He'll be going against his former team so hopefully he'll  be pumped and have a good game.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 20, 2006, 11:46:04 AM
Cole will start on the same side (weak) he's been playing on.  Howard will move over to strong side DE.

Wow, I was thinking that would be the right move today since Howard's a veteran and he's more stout against the run. Plus Cole's a beast from the weak side and is more than ready to be a starter. That's the right move IMO.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 20, 2006, 07:36:31 PM
Interesting.

I don't know that I like that though. I would almost rather see them leave it as is and just start McDougle or Thomas at DE and keep the rotation the same. Then if that doesn't work you move it around like this.

Also...with Hood doubtful we're looking at Joselio Hanson starting. He'll be going against his former team so hopefully he'll  be pumped and have a good game.

still holding out hope that hood makes it.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!