Kearse placed on IR. Dustin Fox promoted.

Started by The BIGSTUD, September 19, 2006, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=55750

Looks like it won't be Donald Strickland. I don't know why. They obviously don't like him.

I'd be lying if I said I knew a lot about Fox other than he went to OSU.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhanInDC

Here some crap about him from the draft last year:

Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Ohio St.
Conference: Big Ten
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 191
40 Time: 4.52
Selected by: Minnesota Vikings
Round 3, pick 16 (80 overall)  Grading System

BIO: Three-year starter who posted 28/0/3 in nine games of an abbreviated senior campaign when he was sidelined with an arm injury. All-Conference selection as a junior after tallying 77/3/9. Experienced at both cornerback and safety and productive on special teams.

POSITIVES: Tough, feisty defensive back with a good head for the position. Alert, displays good ball awareness and immediately locates the pass in the air. Leads the defensive secondary, hard working and takes on bigger opponents defending screen passes. Positions himself to make a play on the ball and does a nice job reading receivers' eyes.

NEGATIVES: Quick out of his backpedal and prefers to side shuffle down the field. Marginal playing speed and struggles staying downfield with opponents. Consistently playing catch-up. He is white.

ANALYSIS: An instinctive prospect with solid size/speed numbers and excellent intangibles, Fox is coming off a disappointing senior campaign. And though it was marred by injury, scouts still wonder about his potential for the next level. Previously displayed himself as a potential first-day pick but now a late-round choice who will fight to see action as a nickel back in the NFL.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

General_Failure

Can't they just lie once and list a CB at 6'1? Please?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

Just realized dude has been listed as a safety since he was drafted. What the farg?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 19, 2006, 03:47:15 PM
NEGATIVES: Quick out of his backpedal and prefers to side shuffle down the field. Marginal playing speed and struggles staying downfield with opponents. Consistently playing catch-up. He is white.

:-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Wingspan on September 19, 2006, 03:51:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone would pick that up.

From ESPN Insider:
Comment:
Is a versatile athlete with experience at DC and DS. Is a very good athlete with above average speed at the safety position. Has good range in coverage and it should only improve with more experience in space. He is an aggressive and tough DB that will fill hard versus the run. He will need to add some bulk and get stronger. Needs to improve his hands when getting through traffic and must learn to take on blocks rather than running around them and getting out of position. Needs to adjust to playing in more space.

[bunkley78]This guys is the biggest secret in the division. He will eat pieces of shtein like Burress, Moss, and T.O for breakfast. Division champs.[/bunkley78]

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

PhillyPhanInDC

hunt

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 19, 2006, 03:56:42 PM
Quote from: hunt on September 19, 2006, 03:54:16 PM
is strickland even on the practice squad?

Nope. He was cut, and never claimed.

???

that's what i thought.

then it makes sense to bring up a guy who's been practicing with the team...even if he is a honkey.

PoopyfaceMcGee

hunt

bruce perry takes fox's place on the practice squad, in case anybody cares.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quick! Name me a respectable, serviceable white CB! (No, you can't name Dustin Fox)

hunt

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 19, 2006, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on September 19, 2006, 03:51:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone would pick that up.

From ESPN Insider:
Comment:
Is a versatile athlete with experience at DC and DS. Is a very good athlete with above average speed at the safety position. Has good range in coverage and it should only improve with more experience in space. He is an aggressive and tough DB that will fill hard versus the run. He will need to add some bulk and get stronger. Needs to improve his hands when getting through traffic and must learn to take on blocks rather than running around them and getting out of position. Needs to adjust to playing in more space.

[bunkley78]This guys is the biggest secret in the division. He will eat pieces of shtein like Burress, Moss, and T.O for breakfast. Division champs.[/bunkley78]

We don't need the mastery of Fox to win the division.  8)
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.