Around The NFL -- Week 1

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 07, 2006, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 13, 2006, 09:07:17 AM
I watched the Cowboys/Jaguars game last night, and it was downright weird. In the 1st quarter, the Dallas OL was dominating - pushing the Jaguars out and giving Bledsoe time.

Right about at the start of the 2nd quarter, it's like they just started going south, as if there is a fungus/parasite on their sidelines eating away at their souls.

Weird.

No. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

That Temple education is really starting to pay dividends.  You're reading at a 3rd grade level now.  w()()t w()()t

PhillyPhanInDC

Down in Tampa Bay, there is a bit of a QB controversy growing. Seems as though this kid Gradkowski has been showing up Simms since training camp, and beat out Timmay Rattay for the number two spot.

I'd like to point out that I was hopeful the Birds would have picked this kid up late in the draft to backup McNabb and possibly take over in a few years. Oh well.

My bet, he'll be starting by week 8.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 13, 2006, 07:47:44 AM
AIDS and cancer jokes have been on :CF since August 11, 2005.

you're welcome
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

EJ72

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 13, 2006, 09:07:17 AM
I watched the Cowboys/Jaguars game last night, and it was downright weird.  In the 1st quarter, the Dallas OL was dominating - pushing the Jaguars out and giving Bledsoe time.

Right about at the start of the 2nd quarter, it's like they just started going south, as if there is a fungus/parasite on their sidelines eating away at their souls.

Weird.

The OL wasn't as much of an issue as Bledsoe reacting like an undrafted rookie free agent going up against the '85 Bears whether there was pressure or not. There were plays to be made and he didn't make them. He's had games where he was hit, sacked  and pressured more and he didn't look that cruddy and of course it starts all the speculation. Speculation that his back was hurting, he's got lingering effects from the hit against Minnesota, he's looking over his shoulder waiting for Romo to pull a Brady on him. I think he just sucked.

Plenty of blame to go around in that game though. When the only consistently good things in the game were the kickoffs and punting and you lose the turnover and time of possession battles, you're not going to win many games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2006, 03:48:11 PM
Plenty of blame to go around in that game though. When the only consistently good things in the game were the kickoffs and punting and you lose the turnover and time of possession battles, you're not going to win many games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just watched the Seahawks/Lions game.

It's ridiculously stupid that the Eagles didn't pick up Willie Ponder.  He's much better on KR's than Perry/Wynn/Reed.

The BIGSTUD

Even if they did, they would've had to cut him for Wynn. Assuming they cut Perry to sign Ponder.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Bunkley78 on September 14, 2006, 11:26:36 PM
Even if they did, they would've had to cut him for Wynn. Assuming they cut Perry to sign Ponder.

They didn't cut Perry because he was the kick returner.  They cut him because he did awfully at it.

They probably would have cut Pat McCoy, actually, IMO.

Feva

Now THAT's something to Ponder.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews