Browns trade Suggs to the Jets for CB Strait

Started by mpmcgraw, August 14, 2006, 03:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I disagree, I think Westy can be an effective runner its just he should only carry it 10-15 times a game and have another RB on the roster that can be a tough in between the tackles runner.  I think they believe they have that in Moats and that is what Buck would have been had he ever been able to stay healthy.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 14, 2006, 08:46:50 PM
I disagree, I think Westy can be an effective runner its just he should only carry it 10-15 times a game and have another RB on the roster that can be a tough in between the tackles runner. I think they believe they have that in Moats and that is what Buck would have been had he ever been able to stay healthy.

You're just further proving my point. A guy who catches 4 balls a game and is only useful for 10 or so carries doesn't deserve that kind of contract and signing him to it doesn't indicate a dedication to the running game.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

its no secret when watching Moats run. very fast slasher, greatĀ  on the outside....but when blown on, falls over. he is not your inside between the tackle threat

reese125

Quote from: rjs246 on August 14, 2006, 08:49:23 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 14, 2006, 08:46:50 PM
I disagree, I think Westy can be an effective runner its just he should only carry it 10-15 times a game and have another RB on the roster that can be a tough in between the tackles runner. I think they believe they have that in Moats and that is what Buck would have been had he ever been able to stay healthy.

You're just further proving my point. A guy who catches 4 balls a game and is only useful for 10 or so carries doesn't deserve that kind of contract and signing him to it doesn't indicate a dedication to the running game.

all it did was indicate the kind of threat he is..which is a solid one. I dont question that contract, I question the offensive lines injuries and Andys play calling.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on August 14, 2006, 08:51:28 PM
its no secret when watching Moats run. very fast slasher, great  on the outside....but when blown on, falls over. he is not your inside between the tackle threat

He's actually a pretty good inside runner for being small. And he's strong. He does not go down easy. When he hurt his knee I watched him drag several defenders on his back and never went down.

He needs to get better on his catching, which he is. And his blocking - which we haven't seen enough of yet this year to see if he has.

reese125

then you must be watching a new and improved Ryan Moats--one that the coaches arent questioning and have no need to to be looking for another RBĀ  :paranoid

cause from my view in front of the TV set last year, the Linc's wind looked too strong for him......but ill take your word on it

PhillyPhreak54

I don't think they are looking to replace Moats. I think they're looking for a solid 3rd option.

MURP

a Jeremey Bridges offsides penalty is more exciting than this trade.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Jeremy Bridges plays offensive line, so an off-sides penalty would actually be notable.

ice grillin you

If the Eagles didn't value the running game they wouldn't have signed Westbrook to the kind of contract they did.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If they didn't value the running game and more specifically the running back position they wouldn't have given Westbrook a big contract.

What part of that don't you understand?

Nice smiley by the way.  I think rjs's head just spontaneously combusted.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54