nfl overrated/underrated

Started by ice grillin you, July 06, 2006, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteOverrated: Quarterback Michael Vick is considered by some to be a top 10 player. He isn't in that class. Vick can get there if he improves his passing, but until then he's still just an amazing athlete playing quarterback, rather than a top-tier quarterback

QuoteSo who's the league's most overrated? There are a lot of name players to choose from, but the winner is Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams. He isn't nearly as good as his reputation, which is Lone Star big.

Williams played in his third consecutive Pro Bowl after the 2005 season, but he certainly hasn't performed to that level. Williams is a good hitter when in the box, but he struggles in coverage, which is why teams were able to exploit the Cowboys with some big plays last season.

Anyone who saw the Cowboys blow that Monday night game to the taterskins saw that Williams can be trouble in coverage. The taterskins twice threw over the top of him for fourth-quarter touchdowns.

Sure, he makes those highlight hits. But for every one of those, there's two misses in coverage. That's not good enough.

There is no way he's a better safety than Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals or Sean Taylor of the taterskins, two players who should have gone to the Pro Bowl ahead of Williams.

QuoteOverrated: Quarterback Brett Favre is still a good quarterback, but he's no longer great. He struggled last year, and some of it had to do with a depleted supporting cast, but at 37 he's not what he once was -- no matter what a certain four-letter network would lead you to believe

QuoteOverrated: Safety Adam Archuleta is a big hitter who has made some big plays, but he is a liability in coverage and isn't worth the money the 'Skins paid him.

Me and Petey are right there on these.

I also agree that The Freak is overrated at this point. He needs a big time season to shake that.

Andrews is underrated.

One thing I totally disagree with him is that Charles Woodson is underrated. Bullsheet.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuotePhiladelphia Eagles

Overrated: Defensive end Jevon Kearse isn't the player he was with the Titans. He doesn't have the same burst and opponents don't have to account for on every play. He's still pretty good, but no longer an elite pass rusher.

Underrated: Right guard Shawn Andrews is developing into one of the better guards in the NFC. He can overpower an opponent.

Yep, although I wouldn't say Andrews is underrated after signing that massive contract.  I would have picked Sheldon Brown probably.

ice grillin you

archuletta being on that list is an isult to truly overrated guys like roy williams....archuletta is straight poop....

until the day he retires im convinced dawkins will always be the most underrated eagle

Wingspan

how do you know? you only watch philly games?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

brian dawkins is on philly son

The BIGSTUD

For overrated I'd have to definitely include Plaxico Burress and Santana Moss. Santana has been a disappointment in his career up until last season. IMO, it was a totally lucky season, and he'll never repeat it again. He'll have to prove it to me first.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 06, 2006, 04:24:10 PM
archuletta being on that list is an isult to truly overrated guys like roy williams....archuletta is straight poop....

until the day he retires im convinced dawkins will always be the most underrated eagle

I agree with you 100% about Dawk, for whatever reason he just never gets the respect he deserves.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Dawkins is widely regarded uin the national media as the best safety in the league.

I think he gets plenty of respect.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on July 06, 2006, 05:57:35 PM
Dawkins is widely regarded uin the national media as the best safety in the league.

I think he gets plenty of respect.

Link?

The BIGSTUD

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Bunkley78 on July 06, 2006, 06:30:29 PM
www.espn.com

Nice picture of Shane Gunderson.  Amazingly enough, nothing on Brian Dawkins.

Try again.

The BIGSTUD

You aren't looking hard enough.