Main Menu

TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i am an emotional wreck

ellie knew he was lying to her and that is going to an irreparable strain in the relationship at some point...ugh damn this show

going to be a 1.5-2 year wait for s2 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

God dammit!

Bummer that it's over.

And I liked less zombies too. I agree that when that big one came around I felt it ruined the flow. I know they're part of it but the less the better.

That's why my girl was out on it early on. And now she regrets it bc I'm into it and all her work friends talk about it and she doesn't have a clue

General_Failure

Haven't watched the show, but I know the story well enough. Someone on the twitter made what I think is a good point, cutting the zombie interactions undermines the point of trying to find a cure when you don't encounter any zombies for hundreds of miles.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

there is no cure....joel saved ellie because he knew she would die for nothing (and because he couldnt live without her)

the emotional bond between the two and how they navigate an apocalyptic hellscape is the show. you dont need zombies to tell that story...the best episode they did was about 2 queens and 0 zombies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Yes, but the entire journey started for the chance at a cure.

Anyway, I hope season 2 really focuses on what a murder machine Ellie turns into.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Other than moving too fast sometimes, what a perfect season of television. I am conflicted on Joel's choice which is the obvious point of it. Personally would agree with him because we didn't have any assurance or proof their plan to get a cure would work. Maybe if we didn't jump immediately to "remove brain and kill the only known immune person", I would lean more towards the fireflies.

Re: the big monster, and to really put my nerd-ness...I am a bit of a "zombie purist" and generally don't like when zombie stories get into these weird mutations and such that give the zombies like more power or abilities or whatever...but I do get with this specific story that it's a fungus that is evolving and growing over time so it makes some sense to me that here and there there's one that has continued to grow and mutate it's host and etc. It wasn't the smoothest scene, but as long as they use it sparingly and we only maybe see one or two more over the next two seasons, if it's used well, then whatevs
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Oh but yes a few more scenes of infected throughout the show, and a few more minutes with the fireflies, would have been nice. Just to drive home the threat and make Joel's choice at the end there feel a bit more controversial (or not)
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I would kill the world for my daughter.  No hesitation.  I was honestly in tears at the end of that episode. 

Also - Ellie killing the creepy rapist Jesus lover in ep. 8 might be the best scene in the history of tv.

SD

Anyone watch The Head on hbo? Polar research lab and a murder seems to be the plot. Haven't heard any buzz about it but the premise is interesting.

PhillyPhreak54

Night Agent on Netflix is pretty good

PhillyPhreak54

Tulsa King was pretty good too

I binged Night Agent and Tulsa King since Saturday. I have to attend a conference here from tomorrow til Friday up by the airport so I booked a hotel and I plan to knock out Ted Lasso s3 next.

ice grillin you

The new Waco doc on Netflix was very good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yes it was.

I remember when that went down. We were in Kansas at the time and the Waco siege was the second Texas story that made we wonder about the state. The first was one of the first mass shootings. In 1991 a dude drove his truck through the window at a Luby's cafe and started blasting away. I did that story as one of my sixth grade current events.

Anyways in 93 when Koresh did his thing I remember thinking Texas was a crazy place.

A month later we got orders that we were moving from KS to Ft Hood TX. Which is right by Killeen where the Luby's massacre was and like 60 miles from Waco.

Munson

Succession was on fire in the premier

MDS

it shouldnt be possible for a show about horrible soul sucking billionaire ghouls to be this good, but it is

the disgusting brothers forever