TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

So the next season of Welcome To Wrexham should be pretty good considering what happened today. 

Those Wrexham fans are amazing. 

SD

Roman telling douchebag Matsson to go farg himself was almost as gratifying as Kendall crushing Logan at the end of season 2. Favorite scene this season.

MDS

its not a direct correlation but hes clearly elon musk, but super hot

shiv playing her idiot brothers like the morons they are. roman gotta be daddy's #1 boy to the end....kendall gotta run the company and fulfill his made up destiny. now, goodbye toxic cable channel he loved and goodbye CEO kendall. lol.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

no doubt - he's musk and they are the Murdochs.

as for last night I agree about Shiv but I'm so curious what happened.  like did her an mattson already know each other prior to the retreat - or did she give him the heads up the night before like 'hey my brothers are power hungry idiots and will likely try to tank the deal', or did she have nothing to do with it and just take the picture because she likes to see them squirm also.  really could go either way but I definitely think she's more involved than they have shown us.

phattymatty

also the fact that she's 20 weeks preggo, and definitely showing, and none of her family or even ex-husband have said anything, just shows how awful all these people are. I also think dad is just gonna be tom, that's why she wanted to take him to dinner when they got back.

MDS

i think she wants to take him to dinner more to get him back under her control...he still worships her and hes a useful corporate stooge

i dont think hes the father, they were dunzo by the time she got knocked up. the dad is probably just some rando
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I think she sent the picture because in her mind the deal actually got done because of her, as she told him he'll get it all if he goes high enough.

Kinda funny that they didn't get the best deal until they were trying to do the exact opposite of that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

"Beef" on Netflix is great if you like dark comedy

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah we enjoyed that one as well

MDS

succession is prime lebron putting up 50 point games every night but hes just going to retire in 3 weeks

Munson

That Tom/shiv scene towards the end was just great
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Worst succession episode of the season. They've somewhat loosely portrayed Mencken as Trump and atn/Foxnews but last night they essentially went full tilt and used the 2020 election storyline but made Biden a Hispanic governor and some other minor tweaks. Seems like lazy storytelling.

The wasabi scene and Greg were pretty funny

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I agree. It felt lazy and rushed especially since its the third to last ep ever.

phattymatty

Meh not the best episode but still pretty good.  I think because we're so close to the end they have to set up how the family business is going to be positioned for the long run.  Both with which kids are running things and whether they decide to be Fox News or finally have a conscience. 

That being said I'm already preparing for the finale to be underwhelming, like most great tv. It's just going to....end.  With no real shockers.

MDS

woof some bad takes...the general consensus is that was an all timer. i thought it was superb and it gave me ptsd to 2016 and pre-tsd for 2024