TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2023, 11:09:22 PM
The new Waco doc on Netflix was very good

It was...the cult members they interviewed who escaped are still brainwashed. The government couldn't have farged up that situation more if they tried.

phattymatty

I haven't watched the doc yet but how the the branch davidians saw the government was wild at the time but pretty common for a large part of maga today.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. It's why Cheeto Dick's people chose Waco for his "rally" last week.

Also I knew this but the vid clip of McVeigh showing up in Waco and just chillin on his car and watching was wild. And then two years later he bombed OKC

SD

Not sure who's still into Star Wars but they just announced 3 new movies.

Today during Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

James Mangold's movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni's will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

The only one I'm excited for is the Filoni movie. From what I'm gathering all the events and characters of the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett/Rebels cartoon/Ahsoka (see below) will come together in an Avengers like movie.

Aside from Vader/Anakin the best character in Star Wars in my opinion is Ahsoka Tano. They finally dropped an official trailer and the series is set to premier in august.

https://youtu.be/HnzNZ0Mdx4I

So far I'm hating season 3 of Mandalorian. What a huge disappointment after a 2 year wait and a bunch of missed opportunities. The whole season feels like a set up for the upcoming Bo Katan series. I was bored to death with Andor. Anyway nerd talk over.

phattymatty

interesting.  I fell asleep 3-4 different times trying to watch Andor and finally my wife just watched it without me.  I have 2 different Star Wars nerd friends who have said it's the best Star Wars content ever though. 

PhillyPhreak54

I am caught up on Succession

I enjoy it. Not in the GREAT category but I'd say very good. Shiv ain't bad lookin either

PhillyPhreak54

I've been doing a Tremé rewatch and forgot how good this is

SD

Happy Easter...SNL opening last night

https://youtu.be/hj6E2_3nraQ

MDS

succession

my lord...this is a show
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that was one helluva episode wow

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 09, 2023, 10:28:10 PM
succession

my lord...this is a show

Gonna spoiler tag this
[spoiler]Thought the death was a ploy up until the credits rolled.[/spoiler]

MDS

i thought it was bs at first but as time on went on and they showed his body, it hit

i feel like 7 episodes without what is essentially your best character is a lot to cover...we shall see how it goes. tv shows work because of the established character combination. take one out and the whole thing can fall apart. think about all the shows that just werent as good after character X died. welp.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

True - so the fight to replace him must be a doozy to cover that long.

I wonder if Gerri just keeps on keepin on in her role. I expected her to blackmail Roman to forget their convo or else she'd string him up for the dick pics

MDS

gerri is a cockroach...whatever happens by the end she will be alive

its going to wind up being chekov's dick pics. this show doesnt have guns but those things have to come back to bite roman

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 10, 2023, 07:48:10 AM
True - so the fight to replace him must be a doozy to cover that long.

I wonder if Gerri just keeps on keepin on in her role. I expected her to blackmail Roman to forget their convo or else she'd string him up for the dick pics

I mean we got 7 episodes left...it certainly is a thing that can still happen. It looks like the "fargy farg" crew or whatever Roman called them on the phone is going to try to coalesce around one of their crew instead of the kids, so...Gerri can definitely still take the knife to Roman in her pursuit of that.

As for the star wars discussion...I still haven't seen Andor yet becuse I've been waiting on my wife to watch. I heard it was really good from friends. We watched the first episode and we're intrigued but haven't found the time to binge. My wife is also the reason why I haven't been able to start the new season of Mando yet. From what I've heard a lot of people are disappointed in the connections to the movie lore but honestly that stuff won't bother me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds