Main Menu

TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Does one have to know about the video game its based off of to understand the show

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 20, 2023, 02:34:16 PM
Does one have to know about the video game its based off of to understand the show

Not at all. Never played the game never knew the plot. My daughters favorite show.

ice grillin you

lol at zombies being better than the wire

we are farged as a society
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 20, 2023, 03:00:26 PM
lol at zombies being better than the wire

we are farged as a society

Who made that claim? It's a decent show but it's nowhere close to wire status

MDS

oh wait i thought the wire came before sopranos...whatever the point still stands. since those shows this is one of the best out of the box s1's ive seen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So it's a zombie show?

General_Failure

Post apocalypse stories usually have zombies. If the show continues to follow the game's story faithfully, it will continue to deliver every week with a great ending.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 20, 2023, 03:49:07 PM
oh wait i thought the wire came before sopranos...whatever the point still stands. since those shows this is one of the best out of the box s1's ive seen.

Wire was way better and i love the sopranos
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 20, 2023, 08:48:30 PM
So it's a zombie show?

its much deeper than that...put it this way, im as anti-nerd as it gets and im in love with it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Yeah it has been top tier and agree it's a hell of a first season for a show (same with HOTD), but both had/have exciting source material to pull from. Contrast that with GOT whose first season source material was good and exciting yes but way more set up. This being from a video game, you pretty much get into the action right away.

This has been so good and makes me mad I didn't play the game. But at the same time it's nice to be in the dark on what's coming. I do think I prefer that more, after experiencing HOTD and knowing the major plot points ahead of time.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

The Last of Us has been better than anyone could have reasonably expected.   Pedro Pascal is great but Bella Ramsey is just incredible.   Her performance is the kind that should win awards.

hunt

Quote from: Rome on February 21, 2023, 08:55:23 PM
The Last of Us has been better than anyone could have reasonably expected.   Pedro Pascal is great but Bella Ramsey is just incredible.   Her performance is the kind that should win awards.

when i saw bella ramsey in the 1st ep, i thought she looked a little downsy. turns out she's just british.
heh.

great show so far.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

I'm on ep5 of Last Of Us and it's pretty damn good.

My girl lasted 20 min and dipped out bc "omg I'm sick of zombie shows" so I've been binging on my own.

MDS

another monstrously good TLOU ep. i dont know if bella ramsey is gonna be a star because shes not like jennifer lawrence/julia roberts beautiful but she can certainly act

Munson

She crushed it on GOT too. Definitely talented.

This was probably my least favorite episode so far and it was still very good. I'm starting to see what game players were saying about "how are they gonna fit all this in one season" because it has felt a little rushed at times, but at the same time literally episode has been at minimum very good so I guess it's working!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds