Power Rankings '06

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, June 21, 2006, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

You know what, Im not sold on the competition in our division is harder now. I think the NFC sucks period. The Birds have been one of the most dominant teams the past 4 or so years(NFC wise). Last year was a freak year with all the injuries.  It led our team into the crapper and opened the door for the rest of the NFC.  There is no doubt in my mind we would of won the divison again if everyone was healthy and running on full throttle, TO or no TO.  It easy to say the other 3 teams got better, but in reality the birds got the better team by far still and there is no reason why we shouldn't be back up top this year.  If everyone is healthy and Mr. Reid comes to terms with a more balanced offensive attack, and our d-line gets penetration, we should crush like we did in past years.  I saw Dawk on NFL network this week and he mentioned being just embarassed as hell from last years outcome. he was angry and has something to prove. almost like pre-2004 when the whole team was hungry to get to the next step.  I think if the team has that same attitude on top of health, better playcalling and d-line dominance, look out.

and farg the cowboys. farg i can't wait for this year. farg!!!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

reese125

I think the NFC sucks period.

please step back and breath

It all dpends on injuries. Any team in the division that comes out healthy will most likely prevail at the top. The Giants last year rode the back of a a healthy O-line and Tiki Barber.

mussa

I am comparing the NFC to the AFC. U telling me the NFC is more competitive than the AFC? I am sure your not.  The Giants won the division, but they are nowhere near a superbowl quality team like we are.  They picked up the scraps. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

reese125

From your statement, it didnt sound like you were comparing divisions. This year, they have every bit of a shot than we do. They got the running game and the passing game....and we have what on offense--a better QB?

Watch out for the Bucs this year

mussa

We have a better o-line, a better QB, a RB with very similar skills, but isn't handed the rock. Westy is a better receiver and is our number one offensive threat.  The WR's a a big question mark this year, but if we were succesful in the past with worse than I am not worried.  TE I'll have to give to the Gints, not by much though. Shockey had one great year and has been inconsistent ever since and seems to be a mental retard. LJ Smith, well this is going to be a defining year for him.  I like the kid, but if he can't get over the fumbling and health issues, then I think we gotta look at a TE in draft or free agency.  I think a guy like LJ could be lined up in the slot and still contribute.  Where another more traditional TE with better blocking skills and good hands could fit in nicely.

reese125

Where another more traditional TE with better blocking skills and good hands could fit in nicely.

Schobel

ice grillin you

schobel cant block...hes strictly a pass catching te
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Compared to L.J., I'll bet Schobel is a stellar blocker.

Wingspan

Quote from: reese125 on June 23, 2006, 12:01:36 AM
From your statement, it didnt sound like you were comparing divisions. This year, they have every bit of a shot than we do. They got the running game and the passing game....and we have what on offense--a better QB?

Watch out for the Bucs this year

the bucs are a shell of their former selves...Simms, McCown, and Rattay are all I need to know.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

reese125

I havent studies Matts blocking skills, but Im assuming they got the guy for a 2 set passing scheme and blocking abilities to run more on both sides:

"He's also a pretty good blocker on the line of scrimmage, so we'll be able to run pretty effectively, with L.J. and Matt on one side. We'll be able to run their way, play-action pass, get both of them in the route, get one or both of them downfield fast."

The benefit here is that Schobel offers the kind of athletic ability and pass-catching skills to make a difference. He can run. He can catch. He can block.

mussa

Yea but he has nowhere near the athletic ability that LJ has.  He's white for christ-sakes.

ice grillin you

Compared to L.J., I'll bet Schobel is a stellar blocker.

tallest midget

reese125

the bucs are a shell of their former selves...Simms, McCown, and Rattay are all I need to know.

Simms could very well have a solid year for them. Comparing the 2nd and 3rd string QB's doesnt equate to anything (actually MCcown in done this year already). They have a very nice defense under Kiffin and the offense will only be better this year. Alot of that offense success will come down to how Clayton responds and how Calloway repeats statistically. Throw in a somehow mentally stable Boston..look out. Oh, and Cadillac W. is a stud

ice grillin you

Simms could very well have a solid year for them

strong call dukes

reese125

Im not talking ProBowl solid, but hopefully you know what I mean. The guy can throw the ball well and is improving enough to win more game this year than last...thats all. That might be all they need