Power Rankings '06

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, June 21, 2006, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

ESPN posted their first effort of the season here.

Eagles are #18.

QB Eagles

It's a fair ranking at this point. Hopefully the Birds will prove enough near the beginning of the season to move much further up.

BigEd76

They aren't even the best 6-10 team on the list

LBIggle

QuoteWith a healthy Donovan McNabb the Eagles should be right back in the mix in 2006. That said, it's hard to see them being as good as they were in 2004 without T.O

see 2001-2003.  james thrash, charles johnson, na brown, freddie mitchell, todd pinkston.  and yes, i did just puke on myself.

im not arguing with the ranking much.  they have alot to prove after last years disaster..  but come up with a better reason then that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Whatever you say, Spadaro.  Comparing this Eagles team to those Eagles teams has a few major flaws - most notably that the competition in the division is much, much better.  Also, there are strong teams across the NFC to be dealt with in Carolina, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and occasionally Atlanta.

18 is fair until proven otherwise.

ice grillin you

the defense on those teams was much much better as well

specifically people underestimate how good taylor and vincent were because they overrate sheldon and lito

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

and people overrate the importance of secondaries alltogether because it's all about the front 4
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2006, 09:23:33 AM

specifically people underestimate how good taylor and vincent were because they overrate sheldon and lito

Lito is way overrated.  Sheldon is as good as BT ever was - just not as big.  Taylor obviously had nothing left when the Eagles let him go, though, so... yeah.

We'll see how the secondary responds after last year's ugliness.

MURP

Im glad there is no pressure on the Eagles from the ESPN media... at the same time, farg ESPN.  #18 ranking is horse crap and it will show later in the season.   ;D 

ice grillin you

at the same time, farg ESPN.  #18 ranking is horse crap and it will show later in the season.     

tru dat

birds are AT LEAST 15th or 16th best

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2006, 09:23:33 AM

Sheldon Brown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bobby Taylor

He's doing a hell of a lot more with a hell of a lot less in front of him.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

4and26

18 is too low but were do you put them, in a division where you can't guarantee 6 or 4 wins it's going to be tough going.  Until they prove otherwise there not a top 10 team.  We all hope they will be but there are so many unanswered questions.

Geowhizzer

After last season, I have no problem with them being ranked #18.  We all assume (or at least hope) that they will be ranked much higher at the end of the season, but outsiders can't necessarily just assume that.

ice grillin you

it makes sense...they are in the middle third...they could be really good yes... they also could suck...however most likely they are a middle of the pack team this year

JTrotter Fan

Thank you Captain Obvious.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.