Power Rankings '06

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, June 21, 2006, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: reese125 on June 23, 2006, 10:19:31 AM
I havent studies Matts blocking skills, but Im assuming they got the guy for a 2 set passing scheme and blocking abilities to run more on both sides:

"He's also a pretty good blocker on the line of scrimmage, so we'll be able to run pretty effectively, with L.J. and Matt on one side. We'll be able to run their way, play-action pass, get both of them in the route, get one or both of them downfield fast."

The benefit here is that Schobel offers the kind of athletic ability and pass-catching skills to make a difference. He can run. He can catch. He can block.

You forgot to credit Morningwheg and Spads on those quotes.  :-D

Schobel in his Eagles PC described his blocking skills as "improving".
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Anyone who, at this point, still refers to the Eagles as 'the class of the NFC' needs to get a grip on reality. This is not 2004. Live in the now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

whats even better are all the articles saying the Eagles should be 4-0 to start the season blah blah blah. The Eagles shouldnt be expected to do anything but try and win games stay in the playoff hunt.

I think all the games will be close this year with alot of Akers, 4th quarter nailbiting and running up to the TV screen ready to punch McNabb for not running

ice grillin you

whats even better are all the articles saying the Eagles should be 4-0 to start the season

yeah i dont get that either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

HOU
NYG
SF
GB

Uh... that better be at least 3-1.

Jeez... to let some of you guys tell it, we're the farging Lions or something.  Nobody's booking any trips to Miami or anything but it ain't much of a stretch to say that we'll start 4-0.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

theres a difference btwn saying they have a chance at 4-0 or you hope they do it and the stone cold lock that a lot of people are treating it as

i wouldnt be shocked if they went 4-0...but i wouldnt be shocked if they were 2-2 either

Wingspan

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 23, 2006, 11:25:46 AM
Jeez... to let some of you guys tell it, we're the farging Lions or something.  Nobody's booking any trips to Miami or anything but it ain't much of a stretch to say that we'll start 4-0.

actually, i did. i've done so every year. in 2004 i gave my reservations to a cousin of mine who actually had a ticket in hand for the game in jacksonville.

he also gave me $500 in cash for it on top of the cost of everything.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 23, 2006, 11:28:34 AM
theres a difference btwn saying they have a chance at 4-0 or you hope they do it and the stone cold lock that a lot of people are treating it as

i wouldnt be shocked if they went 4-0...but i wouldnt be shocked if they were 2-2 either

I've seen articles that have said that the Eagles have a chance for a hot start due to a "favorable schedule" and things like that, but I have yet to see one that says the Eagles are a "lock" to do anything other than finish last in the division.

That said... personally, I expect 3-1 or better barring any significant injuries.  The Eagles are still good enough to wipe up the Texans, Niners and Packers.

Quote from: Wingspan on June 23, 2006, 11:29:14 AM
actually, i did. i've done so every year. in 2004 i gave my reservations to a cousin of mine who actually had a ticket in hand for the game in jacksonville.

he also gave me $500 in cash for it on top of the cost of everything.

OK... let me rephrase.

Nobody who lives in the realm of reality is booking any trips to Miami or anything but it ain't much of a stretch to say that we'll start 4-0.

rjs246

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles lose the first game of the season...

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 23, 2006, 11:38:31 AM
OK... let me rephrase.

Nobody who lives in the realm of reality is booking any trips to Miami or anything but it ain't much of a stretch to say that we'll start 4-0.

point well taken 8)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles lose the first game of the season...

losing the opener vs starting 4-0 would be an even money bet

mussa

such faith in your team.  maybe im just being ignorant and bias, but i don't see any reasons why we shouldn't win the division, as long as we remain healthy, we balance the offensive scheme, our d-line gets penetration and our team has the drive/attitude to prove last year was a fluke and go out and play up to their ability. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Quote from: mussa on June 23, 2006, 12:07:00 PM
such faith in your team. maybe im just being ignorant and bias, but i don't see any reasons why we shouldn't win the division, as long as we remain healthy, we balance the offensive scheme, our d-line gets penetration and our team has the drive/attitude to prove last year was a fluke and go out and play up to their ability.

That is a whole hell of a lot of ifs.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

ifs are what dreams are made of
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

if ifs were a spliff wed all get high