Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

Started by MURP, June 12, 2006, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: MadMarchHare on June 13, 2006, 10:20:33 AM
Clearly the motorcycle hit her car, she didn't plow into him. That doesn't mean it wasn't her fault.

Making a left against oncoming traffic when you don't have the right of way is tantamount to plowing into someone.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Beermonkey

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2006, 10:27:24 AM
why would they bother her....who cares if he died much less that he got hurt...they won the farging superbowl last year...selfish bastiches

My buddy is a hard-core Steeler fan & when I told him that it may be more serious than originally thought, said "that stupid bastich, thank god I didn't buy a Roethlisberger jersey."

He's already on the Omar Jacobs wagon.

reese125

mussa

so seven weeks for a broken jaw to heal.  how long until he can get hit?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

PhillyGirl

Quote from: phattymatty on June 13, 2006, 02:34:51 PM
Tell Ben how you feel

QuoteHere is a atte congradulations for the super bowl win, i would imagine it wasnt easy. i may be a amature football player, but i know it isnt easy, even though i am a girl. i hope you blog again soon, but i dont doubt that you have alot to do. i like your dog, it is very cute. school is out, and college is around the corner. i was thinking about going to college in cleveland, but then i thought about it a little harder, and figured it wasnt a good idea. ill stick to PA colleges, since i think cleveland wouldnt like me much. i went to one of your cleveland games, and i was very impressed. football is even more exciting to watch with your own eyes than to see on tv. youve got a good arm, and a sharp mind. i know i am alot younger, but i know that if you rely on those things, and trust your instinct, you wont go wrong on the field. good luck in training, ben. i better jet, i am getting wierd looks from my mom. god bless, and know you are remembered in my prayers.
love
Jamie

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Hey BIG guy i hope your alright. i just want you to know that your like a romodel to me. i dont want to be a athlete i really want to be a doctor. but the way you inspire me is by not giving up,not listening to what other people think about you. by doing that your doing an awsome job. thanks for showing me if you follow your dreams it could come true.

sincerly
THE MANKOWSKIS
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteReport: Roethlisberger didn't have motorcycle license
ESPN.com news services

Ben Roethlisberger might have been riding without a license to drive a motorcycle when he was involved in an accident Monday.

Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Tuesday that police are checking whether the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback had a license.

Sources told the TV station that Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car but has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

Roethlisberger had a learner's permit to operate a motorcycle that expired March 29 but had never taken the written and driving tests for a motorcycle license, a source told KDKA.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Tammy Ewin told the station that police would "have no comment on licensing issues" until after the accident investigation.

Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, had surgery Monday after breaking his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash.

Roethlisberger remained in serious but stable condition after seven hours of surgery, according to Dr. Daniel Pituch, chief of oral and maxillofacial surgery at Mercy Hospital.

"He suffered multiple facial fractures," Pituch said. "All of the fractures were successfully repaired. His brain, spine, chest and abdomen appear to be without serious injury. And there are no other confirmed injuries at this time."

The doctors declined to release further information at the family's request.

ESPN.com's John Clayton confirmed that Roethlisberger also suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, has lost or chipped a number of teeth and has minor injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

Roethlisberger, 24, was not wearing a helmet, police said. He has said he likes to ride without one, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

Roethlisberger has pointed out a Pennsylvania state law requiring helmets was amended in September 2003 to make helmets optional.

ESPN.com football writers Len Pasquarelli and John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Beermonkey

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 13, 2006, 03:02:03 PM

Hey BIG guy i hope your alright. i just want you to know that your like a romodel to me. i dont want to be a athlete i really want to be a doctor. but the way you inspire me is by not giving up,not listening to what other people think about you. by doing that your doing an awsome job. thanks for showing me if you follow your dreams it could come true.

sincerly
THE MANKOWSKIS

That is, if your dreams consist of smashing your face off a car windshield.

PhillyPhanInDC

My wheelie was still better. And SO worth it.

Posted by: Kellen Winslow Jr | June 13, 2006 at 02:58 PM

Ha.

Good to see you wore a helmet there meatsickle. Jay Williams aka-Evil Knivel's retarded step cousin

Posted by: Jay Wiliams | June 13, 2006 at 02:49 PM

Hey Ben, thank goodness you made it through this alive. You still owe me some money.

Posted by: Super Bowl XL Referees | June 13, 2006 at 02:36 PM

Hey Ben. Thanks for stealing my thunder.

P.S. Send more apples.

Posted by: Barbaro | June 13, 2006 at 02:35 PM

Awesome.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

P.S. Send more apples.

i snorted laughing at that one.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

This one is awesomely farged up:

Darn it. I was really hoping to meet you.

Posted by: JonBenet Ramsey | June 13, 2006 at 03:01 PM
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Beermonkey

Quote from: Wingspan on June 13, 2006, 03:12:40 PM

P.S. Send more apples.

i snorted laughing at that one.

That made me cry.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on June 13, 2006, 03:16:06 PM

Wow.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on June 13, 2006, 03:16:06 PM

That infuriates me...because I didn't think of it first
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.