Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

What a fleshpopbag.

Kellen Winslow
Jay Williams (Bulls)
Jamie Henderson (Jets)
Jerome Mathis (Texans)
Roethlisberger

All of these guys have been in bike accidents. I'm sure there are a few I am forgetting, but Williams and Henderson were pretty bad. Henderson almost died.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteROETHLISBERGER IN SURGERY

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger currently is undergoing surgery for injuries suffered in a Monday morning automobile accident.

Dr. Larry Jones of Mercy Hospital declined to offer any details regarding the nature of the surgery.

Roethlisberger is listed in serious but stable condition.  Dr. Jones said that Roethlisberger was alert and talking before the commencement of the procedure.

Reporters on WTAE are speculating that Roethlisberger is having surgery to repair jaw injuries.

Beermonkey

How long until the windshield shows up on Ebay? You know Steeler fans are already thinking about that.

SidFarkus

Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

4and26

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Beermonkey on June 12, 2006, 02:11:42 PM
How long until the windshield shows up on Ebay? You know Steeler fans are already thinking about that.

Or some of his teeth that are probably laying in the street still.

Buy Big Ben's teeth and get a Primanti sandiwch for free!

Update:

QuoteBIG BEN NOT SO LUCKY AFTER ALL?

Minutes after we learned from a solid and credible league source that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is not expected to have any serious injuries after suffering a motorcycle accident on Monday morning, we were alerted to reports that Roethlisberger has suffered "serious" injuries to both of his knees.

Per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, which broke the story of the accident minutes after it happened, Roethlisberger has fractured his left sinus cavity bone, a nine-inch gash in the back of his head, injuries to both knees, a broken jaw, and he has lost either "most" or "several" of his teeth.

Our source on the "Ben got lucky" story told us he was operating on information that apparently has been superseded, and it's a sign of just how fluid and uncertain the situation has been.

If Ben's knees are seriously injured, his ability to play in 2006 will be significantly affected.  So then the question becomes, what do the Steelers do to replace him?

Personally, we'd call Doug Flutie.  He's a better option than any of the stiffs and retreads currently on the market.  Alternatively, if there's a chance that Roethlisberger is gone for more than one season, we'd get the Falcons on the horn about a trade for Matt Schaub.

We're still digging for more details

PoopyfaceMcGee

We should offer the Steelers Koy Detmer for a 2nd rounder.

phattymatty

some steelers friends have told me that there was a huge pile of blood on the ground.  i think it's worse than originally reported.

phattymatty

QuoteFrom The Pittsburgh Channel: "According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement. A plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said."

Diomedes

You ride without a helmet, you land on your head, you get hurt.

Not farging rocket science.  I'm not crying over this fool, that's for sure.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Beermonkey

Quote from: phattymatty on June 12, 2006, 03:20:49 PM
QuoteA plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said."

One should have been called in before the accident.

Geowhizzer

How could anyone be stupid enough to ride a motorcycle without a helmet?

(Note:  Not sure if this applies to PA, but a few years ago they took out the mandatory helmet rule for motorcyclists in Florida.  The rider has to have proof of a certain level of injury insurance- not sure how much- in order to be "legal" to ride without a helmet, but of course, who's going to check for that insurance, at least until after an accident turns their brains into mush.)

General_Failure

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 12, 2006, 03:09:42 PM
We should offer the Steelers Koy Detmer for a 2nd rounder.

I think the Steelers would want more than a 2nd to take Koy. Let's just give them Garcia.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.