World Cup 2006

Started by henchmanUK, May 30, 2006, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 22, 2006, 03:02:59 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 22, 2006, 01:58:24 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on June 22, 2006, 12:25:23 PM
The U.S. would lose to every single country in the world in one of those.

France?

Sorry, they're not even as gluttonous as we are.

"The ultimate aim of every true American should be to die fat, drunk, in debt with a gun in your mouth."

- Ron Bennington

Don Ho

Quote from: moats23 on June 20, 2006, 02:30:49 PM
that ronaldino guy sure has a big head.  with the size of his teeth, he should be nicknamed mr. ed

Shannon Sharpe?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Sure glad I didn't get up at 3 AM HST to watch this shtein. 

Anyone see Henry Kissinger on Charlie Rose last night?  He is quite the soccer aficionado.  Had some very good insight as to why soccer has not caught on in US.  He was very instrumental in bringing the World Cup to the US in 94.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

mussa

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2006, 10:17:27 AM
you forgot

flop
fake injured
act like a bitch

lol. so true. i can't even watch soccer anymore. last week alone was the most soccer i ever watched. i can't stand the fake shtein. sissy's.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Speaking of phantom injuries..maybe if Kearse played soccer, U.S. would be better.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Could you imagine the 260lb Phreak heading one in for a goal?!? He would be winded in minutes though. Too much weight.  Cool to think about either way.  :-D :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

With that wingspan of his, he'd make a helluva goalie...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

Manute Bol = greatest goalie ever.

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

I would be a better goalie, like Feva said.

By the way, I wonder if they hand out orange slices at halftime in the WC?

reese125

no oranges, just miniature Oscar trophies for "Best Theatrical Performance in a Half"

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Yummy indeed.  But those two are faking.  The first igy world cup chick was the real deal..she fargs a lot.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

OK... so the World Cup ain't all bad.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

Quote100 English fans arrested in Stuttgart
Associated Press

STUTTGART, Germany - Police said Saturday morning they had arrested about 100 English soccer fans after disturbances in a main square, a day ahead of England's second-round World Cup match against Ecuador.

Police were called to the scene after fans, some of whom appeared heavily intoxicated, began throwing bottles and glasses at passers-by from the terrace of a pub, Stuttgart's police said.

A few were immediately taken into custody, and the rest after officers were pelted as well.

"English fans were shown by this action that aggressive drinking, violence and mobbing will be prevented," police chief Michael Kuehner said in a statement.

"They are all still in detention," spokesman Stefan Keilbach told The Associated Press. He declined to comment further.

English officers assisting their German counterparts in heading off potential fan violence helped in calming the situation, police said. There were no injuries reported.

England plays Ecuador for a place in the World Cup quarterfinals on Sunday.

About 50,000 England fans are expected to travel to Stuttgart for the match and will be greeted with a heavy police presence - about 1,800 officers on patrol along with British police.

Stephen Thomas, an assistant chief constable from Manchester and part of the British contingent, said Friday he was optimistic that there would be no major fan violence.

"You will not see any English hooligans here in Stuttgart - what you will see is English drunks," he said. "I apologize now for that, but it is very good for the economy."

:-D

Previous England games in Cologne, Nuremberg and Frankfurt were relatively calm - giving organizers a pleasant surprise in view of England's past reputation for hooliganism.

Thomas said that of 3,842 people arrested during the first two weeks of the tournament, only 135 were English.

"Many of those were drunk, and many were desperately trying to get to the stadium," he said.

Wait, drunks are good for the economy?

I am soooo going to Germany for vacation.   :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay