Spads- new age of NFL

Started by MURP, May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

You can always count on Munson to defend the suckiest suck who ever sucked as long as their wearing Eagles Green. He'd make an outstanding taterskins fan.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

So you think Hank Baskett is worse then Scott Young as an Eagles football player?  :evil

Please tell me what Hank has done to prove that he "sucks".
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

He's done nothing on the field. He started last week, during a game in which the offense scored 31 points and had ONE catch. To you apparently that makes him a good player. To me, when a player does nothing, they suck.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Not saying either of you are right or wrong - but just because he "started" doesn't really mean much. Buck started too being that he was on the field for the first snap. They happened to open up in a formation that he was included in.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Quote from: MURP on May 17, 2006, 11:57:56 AM

QuoteBut this is a new age of NFL, so the way to win on a consistent basis is to gain quick yards via the passing game.

sorry, dont mean to keep hanging around here but this clown is 3 decades late with this crap and very wrong too. this is  basic "bill walsh offense for dummies" shtein

only 3 teams can run it consistently and win: Denver, Philly and Seattle. All 3 HCs were  signifigantly influenced by Walsh and know exactly what players they need and what plays to use, tweek and dial in from Walsh's playbook for their own versions. It helps that these 3 actually "get it" and the results speak for themselves.

the reason he's wrong is defenses have caught up with the WCO. "new age" my ass, it was new age when shanahan, holmgren and reid became successful HCs and the rest of the sheep of the league followed.

mike mccarthy got undeserved respect simply cuz he was qb coach for KC when Montana finished his career there. Montana schooled him in the WCO at it's purest form. he didnt do shtein for us last year and thank god the packers bought into it and took him away....even Walsh said he was overrated from the beginning

if anything, the WCO is becoming more and more outdated. only the above mentioned coaches are good/smart enough to remain successful

what a clown ::)

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 28, 2006, 02:16:38 AM
Not saying either of you are right or wrong - but just because he "started" doesn't really mean much. Buck started too being that he was on the field for the first snap. They happened to open up in a formation that he was included in.

That's almost like what I'm trying to say. He's probably the 4th option at best on some plays, and usually the 5th. Even when he was starting, I'm sure he was 4th behind Brown/Smith/Westbrook. Unless the play is specifically designed to go to him, which will probably happen once a game, he won't get many looks.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Oh well if he's the 4th or 5th option on most plays he MUST be good. I mean, seriously. The 4th or 5th option on a field that is already missing one of its top playmakers (Stallworth) means that he is normally the 5th or 6th option. Really good player we have there.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

I never said he was so good. I said what has he done to make you think he sucks so bad.

Stallworth/Brown/Westbrook/Smith=all better options. All will get the ball before a rookie UDFA WR.

Greg Lewis vs. NFL #4 CB's=Will get open easier with speed/playing against a zesty CB.

Sorry to use logic, I know how much you hate that.

rjs246

You call that logic? It's wishful thinking you farging twit. All you're doing it proving my point further. When a player is the 5th or 6th best offensive option (6th or 7th if you count McNabb) they suck. Period. You are unbelieveable. You actually think that you're idiotic optimism about a scrub player is logical. Christ. farging kill yourself.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

He's ahead of Greggie, who sucks, and behind Reggie, who's inconsistent. I think we can all agree that Hankie is inconsuckent.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

At this point I'd rather have Greg Lewis on the field than Hank Baskett, and frankly it isn't even close.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

I'd rather have a guy out there not being thrown to than a guy that's going to lateral the ball to the defense. Actually, I'd rather have Cole and Tapeh out there running it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on September 28, 2006, 03:35:26 AM
He's ahead of Greggie, who sucks, and behind Reggie, who's inconsistent. I think we can all agree that Hankie is inconsuckent.

That sounds fair.

mussa

Are we all grumpy this morning/?>?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee