Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I'd pack the truck driver's bags.  Lelie may not be the best, but he's probably better than any Eagles receiver not named Brown.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 13, 2006, 06:55:17 PM
CSN is reporting that Lelie will be traded to the Eagles or Bears, possibly as early as tomorrow.  They think Denver asked for LJ Smith in return, which of course was declined.  The Bears also declined an offer of Thomas Jones....

CSN is a liar.

Geowhizzer

Well, they did only say "possibly."

Idiots.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2006, 08:29:15 AM
3rd straight up or a 4th and a player. I'd do either of those I guess. A 3rd and Rayburn I'd have to think about

lol....so rayburn to you would be the difference btwn getting lelie or not

Didn't say that, but I'd have to think about it. I'd probably do it, but I don't like giving away defensive line depth.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

This defensive line has depth. Rayburn can suck a beanbag if it means getting a deep threat for this offense.

I don't like Lelie as a #1 and from what I've seen he's basically useless as anything other than a straight-line guy, but if he can stretch the field and keep his mouth shut he can help this team.

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Feva

To give Lelie credit... he did make some pretty nasty catches in that reel.  The play at 3:40 being at the top of them.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

that reminds me of the tim hauck 'hit me with your best shot' youtube montage
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Lelie to the Falcons.  ah well

rjs246

And Duckett to the Skins. INFURIATING.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: rjs246 on August 22, 2006, 09:56:10 PM
And Duckett to the Skins. INFURIATING.

Yeah I heard it on the Radio about 20 minutes ago on my way to pick up some food.  A three team deal, I just don't see why the Eagles couldn't have gotten in on something like that it makes no sense.  I am really getting sick of other teams making serious efforts to improve when they think they are close.  It seems like they are unwilling to take a gamble, they did it one time and got burned so....
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

No offense, DMF, but every free agent signing is a gamble. And to say that the gamble of TO somehow affected this no trade for Lelie or Duckett is crazy.

Do you honestly see Andy or Heckert saying "We can't give up this player or pick for Lelie because we got burned so bad by TO?"

I wanted Lelie. He's gone and it sucks.

Duckett doesn't really bother me. Not a fan at all. He was excellent last year too, by the way.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 23, 2006, 05:23:53 AM
No offense, DMF, but every free agent signing is a gamble. And to say that the gamble of TO somehow affected this no trade for Lelie or Duckett is crazy.

Do you honestly see Andy or Heckert saying "We can't give up this player or pick for Lelie because we got burned so bad by TO?"

I wanted Lelie. He's gone and it sucks.

Duckett doesn't really bother me. Not a fan at all. He was excellent last year too, by the way.

I know what you are saying, I just think they seem like they are little gun shy.  It is not like they can't afford to take a gamble with the amount of cap space they have.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Beermonkey

More detail on the Lelie trade.

QuoteBroncos | No one bid for Lelie until trade went down
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:53:05 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports no teams made an offer to the Denver Broncos for WR Ashley Lelie until they finally were able to unload him in a three-way trade Tuesday evening, Aug. 22. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers debated giving up a fourth-round draft choice to Denver, but never offered it. The Houston Texans, with former Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak in charge, considered dealing a fourth-round draft choice to Denver, but also never offered it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The more I see this deal, the more I'm wondering what the Falcons were doing.

The skins always give up draft picks to improve their team, and they did that.  The Broncos got draft picks for a disgruntled player that wasn't going to play for them anyway.  Sure, the Falcons had major issues at the #3 WR spot, but now they have even bigger issues at RB.