Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2006, 08:04:57 AM
Give ONE good reason to franchise a backup player at a position that already has depth. Just one. farging hell.

So you can trade him for a 3rd rounder!  Yay!

Geowhizzer

Phreak,

Just one question about franchising Hood as a nickel back:

What if he takes it?

Diomedes

Phreak wants the Eagles to put the francise tag on Rod Hood? 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2006, 08:19:37 AM

I think it was just a thought that he threw out- not suggesting or insinuating that the Eagles actually do it.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2006, 08:04:57 AM
Are people really talking about franchising Rod Hood? Have you guys been eating retard sandwiches? Give ONE good reason to franchise a backup player at a position that already has depth. Just one. farging hell.

I wasn't.

I think it's a stupid idea.

(No offense.)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2006, 08:19:37 AM

Yes, he does.  Because they *might* be able to trade him for a pick a round or so earlier than the compensatory pick they'd get anyway if he left and signed a big deal as an unrestricted free agent.

PhillyPhreak54

I was half joking when I said it. But it could be done.I never said I wanted them to do it, I said they could. It's been done before. I said repeatedly that he's gone after this year anyways.

And if he took it they'd be farged. That's why I was half joking when I said they could recoup the draft pick that way.

And after they didn't give up a 3 comp for Burgess I have lost all faith inthe comp system.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 08, 2006, 06:25:40 PM
And after they didn't give up a 3 comp for Burgess I have lost all faith inthe comp system.

It's only slightly based on how the player played for his new team.  It's more based on $$$, and Burgess actually didn't break the bank at all for Oakland.  If Hood has another solid year this year, his contract will be much bigger than Burgess's was.

BigEd76

Supposedly the Bears are offering Michael Haynes in a package for Lelie...

The BIGSTUD

What's better a 3rd from the Eagles or that package?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Action News reporting that the Eagles are the leaders in a 4-team race to acquire Ashley Lelie. They reported that the Broncos will decide who they will send him to on Monday.

Rome

Well, if the Eagles are serious about getting Lelie, then Pinky is clearly done.

That's all there is to it.

The BIGSTUD

"The leaders"

I can picture Andy and Banner slapping high fives going Yes! We just took the lead!
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Bunkley78 on August 09, 2006, 01:20:00 AM

Our "package" included Sam Rayburn.  You don't know if they were planning to include (a) pick(s).

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 11, 2006, 07:53:06 AM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on August 09, 2006, 01:20:00 AM

Our "package" included Sam Rayburn.  You don't know if they were planning to include (a) pick(s).

Logic alert!  Logic alert!  Cut that shtein out...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews