Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2006, 10:17:46 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on August 07, 2006, 10:15:18 PM
You're living in a dream world.  The FT for a CB is way high (like 8 figures high), so that would be a ton of money to wrap up in Rod Hood for one year.  There's simply no way another team would fall for it and give up a high pick for him in that case.  Plus, look at the Eagles' recent track record of dealing players with a FT.  It sucks.

They wouldn't wrap up the money in him. If they couldn't trade him, and they would because the new team would then sign him to a more cap friendly deal, then they would just rescind the FT and let him go

Again, you're living in a dreamworld if you think the Phillies can miraculously make that happen.

Besides, if Hood is good enough to get a FT, he's good enough to be signed to a long-term deal by the EAGLES.  I don't think a team has ever franchised their nickel corner in the history of the NFL, and if the Eagles did it, it would have to be because they actually wanted to keep him.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 07, 2006, 10:17:50 PM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on August 07, 2006, 08:00:25 PM
IMO, it depends how the receivers play the next couple of preseason games, and if Pinkston gets healthy by then. If Pink stays sore and Gaffney stays invisible, then I think the Eagles will give it all they have to get him.

But Denver gets to chose where they send him obviously, so whether it's to Philly or not remains to be seen.

If you are Philly why would you want to wait if you really wanted him? Wouldn't you want to get him in and learn the offense? Even though I think the chances are slim to none it would make me happy to see a receiving corp with the top three Brown, Lelie, and Gaffney with Baskett, Avant, and Pinky coming off the bench. 

Because they don't want to give up a 3rd and Rayburn if they don't have to. ie Pinkston coming back fine or Baskett and Gaffney tearing it up in the next two preseason games.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 07, 2006, 10:23:57 PM
You're living in a dream world.  The FT for a CB is way high (like 8 figures high), so that would be a ton of money to wrap up in Rod Hood for one year.  There's simply no way another team would fall for it and give up a high pick for him in that case.  Plus, look at the Eagles' recent track record of dealing players with a FT.  It sucks.

They wouldn't wrap up the money in him. If they couldn't trade him, and they would because the new team would then sign him to a more cap friendly deal, then they would just rescind the FT and let him go

Again, you're living in a dreamworld if you think the Phillies can miraculously make that happen.
Agreed.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on August 07, 2006, 10:22:35 PM
To me, a third and Rayburn is the equivalent of a late 4th rounder.

To me, a 1st, Jeff Garcia, Bruce Perry, Josh Parry, and Sam Rayburn is equal to an early 7th rounder.

General_Failure

We need to give up everyone with an R in their last name to get this done. :yay

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 07, 2006, 10:23:57 PM

Besides, if Hood is good enough to get a FT, he's good enough to be signed to a long-term deal by the EAGLES.  I don't think a team has ever franchised their nickel corner in the history of the NFL, and if the Eagles did it, it would have to be because they actually wanted to keep him.

The Phillies? :sly

All I am saying is that they could put the FT on him with the sole intention of trading him. Much like the Jets did with John Abraham. They'd have to make it appear like they wanted to sign him just to appease the NFL honchos and the NFLPA but they could shop him and deal him, much like the Jets did with Abraham.

All of this was an off the cuff response to giving up a 3rd for Lelie and how they could recover that draft pick if they wanted to

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2006, 10:31:39 PM

Sure, unless their last name is Westbrook, Brown, Andrews, Urmom, Runyan, Herremans, Kearse, Howard, McNrabb, Patterson, Walker, Akers, or Trotter.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Why in God's name would the Eagles ever risk putting a tag on Hood?

They have a Pro Bowl CB starting and on the other side, they have one who should be a Pro Bowler.  You don't think that would upset the apple cart in South Philly just a tad?

My God... it would be a disaster.

No, offer Rod mid-level starter's money (which he'd laugh at).  If by some miracle he actually took it, great.  If not, shake hands, say thanks a bunch and let him walk.  Quietly.

PhillyPhreak54

Once again, I wasn't advocating that they must keep Hood at all costs.

I simply said that they could get a 3rd round pick or better for him by placing the FT on him and trading him. He's gone either way.

Rome

I agree in principle.  However, I also believe that placing a tag of any sort on a backup CB would likely piss off Lito & Sheldon to the extent that both of them would start bitching about their contracts.

Do they really need to run that risk all for a measley 3rd or 4th round draft pick?

I think not, my man.

General_Failure

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 07, 2006, 10:35:32 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2006, 10:31:39 PM

Sure, unless their last name is Westbrook, Brown, Andrews, Urmom, Runyan, Herremans, Kearse, Howard, McNrabb, Patterson, Walker, Akers, or Trotter.

Urmom doesn't play for the Eagles. McNabb doesn't have an R. Rename Herremans to Manneans and get that farging deal done!

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 07, 2006, 10:51:51 PM
I agree in principle.  However, I also believe that placing a tag of any sort on a backup CB would likely piss off Lito & Sheldon to the extent that both of them would start bitching about their contracts.

Do they really need to run that risk all for a measley 3rd or 4th round draft pick?

I think not, my man.

I thnk they'd understand and/or not care because they've got their cash. Like I said Hood won't be here in 2007 so why not try to milk a draft pick out of the process?

PoopyfaceMcGee

If he just leaves via FA and signs a huge deal, the Eagles will get at least a 4th in compensation from him anyway.

It's not worth all the hassle of the franchise tag, unless they actually wouldn't mind keeping him under a ridiculously high one-year contract.  Which I doubt.

rjs246

Are people really talking about franchising Rod Hood? Have you guys been eating retard sandwiches? Give ONE good reason to franchise a backup player at a position that already has depth. Just one. farging hell.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.