Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wrong.  I think Keyshawn is basically a slower Darnerien McCants at this point in his career, and I think after dumping T.O., having a guy that's just as big of a headcase without all that pesky talent is exactly what the Eagles didn't need.  Therefore, I think you and your new Inspector friend should probably die.

ice grillin you

i can understand the TO part...but comparing keyshawn to darnerian mccants much less intimating that mccants is better is crazy talk
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Why would the Eagles ever be interested in Keyshawn Johnson?

Talk about crazy talk...

Diomedes

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 31, 2006, 11:41:09 AM
Wrong. I think Keyshawn is basically a slower Darnerien McCants at this point in his career, and I think after dumping T.O., having a guy that's just as big of a headcase without all that pesky talent is exactly what the Eagles didn't need. Therefore, I think you and your new Inspector friend should probably die.

a.) TO is ten times crazier than Keyshawn. TO destroys teams, Keyshawn leads them.  You can't find a teamate doesn't like Keyshawn.  But we've been through this before.
b.) let's take a look at Keyshawn's performance at the end of the year.  He's gonna do more than any Eagles #2 or #3 WR, probably more than both of them combined, and perhaps more than our #1.  Care to dream up a wager?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

TheInspector

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 31, 2006, 11:41:09 AM
Wrong.  I think Keyshawn is basically a slower Darnerien McCants at this point in his career, and I think after dumping T.O., having a guy that's just as big of a headcase without all that pesky talent is exactly what the Eagles didn't need.  Therefore, I think you and your new Inspector friend should probably die.

Other than this post, none of you have offered any good info about why you don't need a possession receiver (and not much in that post either). I'm sure someone out there has critical thinking skills...I'll be waiting.

ice grillin you

Why would the Eagles ever be interested in Keyshawn Johnson?

you obviously havent seen the eagle wr's lately

i wasnt pimping keyshawn but i dont know why getting him would have been considered crazy

Beermonkey

Quote from: TheInspector on July 31, 2006, 11:51:16 AM
Other than this post, none of you have offered any good info about why you don't need a possession receiver (and not much in that post either). I'm sure someone out there has critical thinking skills...I'll be waiting.

:-D You'll fit in nicely.

For the record, I would have been on with bringing in Keyshawn.

TheInspector

Quote from: Beermonkey on July 31, 2006, 11:53:58 AM

Am I wrong for sensing sarcasm in that post? I don't think so, because (like you) I have noticed that most posters here don't care about facts or reality (only about bashing other posters who's opinions don't match their own)...It's pretty funny actually.

LOL : I just read your sig...that's great (and so true)

PoopyfaceMcGee

^^not an Eagles fan, obviously^^

Everyone needs possession receivers, and Keyshawn used to be a good one.  Now, he's average at best.

I hate the current corps of Eagles WR's, but I still don't think Keyshawn Johnson was the answer at all, especially after enduring a year with T.O.

And naturally his numbers will be solid with Steve Smith on the other side of the field, probably the best WR in the game right now (or at least top 3).  His numbers would have been pedestrian on the Eagles.

Beermonkey

Quote from: TheInspector on July 31, 2006, 12:02:45 PM

Am I wrong for sensing sarcasm in that post? I don't think so, because (like you) I have noticed that most posters here don't care about facts or reality (only about bashing other posters who's opinions don't match their own)...It's pretty funny actually.

No sarcasm, just saying you gave back as good as he gave. Everyone gets that. It's like a hazing ritual that never ends.

ice grillin you

the last thing the eagles need is another possesion guy...which is why i was against keyshawn

had they got keyshawn he would have been by far their best possesion receiver...which is why i was for keyshawn

Diomedes

both reasonable positions.

in short, the Eagles farged up by not improving their WRs...whether or not Keyshawn was the answer.

cut Reid!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

TheInspector

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 31, 2006, 12:05:56 PM

^^not an Eagles fan, obviously^^

Everyone needs possession receivers, and Keyshawn used to be a good one.  Now, he's average at best.

I hate the current corps of Eagles WR's, but I still don't think Keyshawn Johnson was the answer at all, especially after enduring a year with T.O.

And naturally his numbers will be solid with Steve Smith on the other side of the field, probably the best WR in the game right now (or at least top 3).  His numbers would have been pedestrian on the Eagles.

Some good points...I can agree with your assessment.

Personally, I don't like Keyshawn. On the exterior he seems just like T.O., but he doesn't alienate his teammates (as much). However, living in Tampa, I have seen Keyshawn take some vicious hits and hold onto the ball while getting up as if nothing much happened. That kind of player should be a welcome alternative to Todd "Alligator Hands" Pinkston.

TheInspector

Quote from: Beermonkey on July 31, 2006, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: TheInspector on July 31, 2006, 12:02:45 PM

No sarcasm, just saying you gave back as good as he gave. Everyone gets that. It's like a hazing ritual that never ends.

Touche. :)

Diomedes

Okay newbie...enough with the nested quotes.  It's annoying.