Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

joe banner said the eagles wr's are better than the patriots wr's so i believe him.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

If they wanted EITHER of those guys bad enough, one of them would be in a Philly uniform

post of the year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on May 18, 2006, 09:34:16 AM
they went after moulds...they went after walker, they obviously don't think they have enough at WR right now.

I know they went after Walker but I don't recall hearing anything about them going after Moulds.

I could be wrong, but frankly, it's moot anyway.  Walker & Moulds are light years better than Lelie (and anyone else on the team right now other than Brown) so while I could see them going after both of those guys, I can't say the same about Lelie.  He's nowhere near their class and would be a #3 in Philly at best.

ice grillin you

lelie is better than every eagle wr except possibly reggie brown

its also a given that they would not give up for lelie what they would for a moulds or walker...they arent getting lelie and im not even saying they should...but dont beleive for a second he wouldnt be a significant upgrade over lewis and a brokedown pinky

Rome

Guys.. come on.

Brown #1

Gaffney #2

That's who the starters are going to be.  I think that from Pinky, Lewis, Wilbur, Avant or McCants, a suitable #3 can be found.

For God's sake, we've wasted 10 pages arguing over a prospective #3 receiver and that's all Lelie would be here.  And he has already said that he's not interested in competing for a starting spot.  He wants it handed to him on a silver platter.  Do any of you think Andy's going to do that for him?

Please...

reese125

how this thread got beyond 2 comments is beyond me. While we are speculating, why not throw in every other 3rd reciever looking for a job and argue about the Eagles getting them?

VET STADIUM TURF

Quote from: SidFarkus on May 17, 2006, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 17, 2006, 02:17:02 PM
There's a major difference between Pinky & Lelie and that is Pinkston has played in this offense for the past five years.

It's bad enough that yet another receiver (Gaffney) is going to have to learn the system.  Do they really need another guy learning on the fly?

Shanahan is a former Walsh assistant He runs a version of the WCO in Denver. It wouldn't be that hard of a transition.
Shanahan never coached under Walsh. Ever.
Either way, I think Lelie is a mild upgrade at best.

SunMo

i'll remember this thread in week 4 when the word "seperation" becomes a buzz word again
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

reese125

and Ill always remember this year saying that Brown and Gaffney are our #1 and #2

SunMo

you need more than 2 wideouts...especially when you through the ball 60% of the time
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

saying that Brown and Gaffney are our #1 and #2

ouch

i dont wanna hear you or anyone else say that ever again

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2006, 01:01:48 PM
saying that Brown and Gaffney are our #1 and #2

ouch

i dont wanna hear you or anyone else say that ever again

But, it's the truth.

phattymatty

Quote from: VET STADIUM TURF on May 18, 2006, 12:34:28 PM
Shanahan never coached under Walsh. Ever.
Either way, I think Lelie is a mild upgrade at best.

wrong.

EDIT:  Actually, my bad, it look like you are right, he was an assistant under Seifert.

Why does everyone always say he's a Walsh assistant then?

Zanshin

He's from that Walsh tree....that's usually the context I hear.