Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

And people only want him (and Donte Stallworth) because he isn't named Todd Pinkston.

or greg lewis
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 18, 2006, 07:25:42 AM
I would like to remind everyone that TODD fargING PINKSTON CAN'T EVEN PRACTICE YET!  HE IS COMING OFF A VERY SEVERE INJURY AND MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE PLAYER HE WAS BEFORE INJURY!

Jeezus H.  How ANY of you keep comparing guys to a healthy Todd Pinkston is baffling.  Get your heads out of your asses and realize that there is a very good chance that Greg Lewis will be the #3 receiver.  Doesn't that frighten anyone even a little bit?  That means one injury to Brown or Gaffney, and Lewis is starting again.

But hey... we don't need anyone else's starting-caliber WR's!  We have a toothpick with a ruptured achilles!

So you're saying you would want them to make a run at Lelie?

He has been a big disappointment in Denver. And he has the attitude that he's a star who should be a top guy and paid as such and what has he done to prove his worth?

I am all for upgrading. But I don't think Ashley Lelie is that guy.

And we're an injury to Trotter from Simoneau/Gaither/whoever playing MLB...

And we're one injury away from seeing Jeff Garcia or Koy Detmer playing QB...

Would I like to see another WR? Pretty much. But it depends on who it is. And I'm no Lelie fan.

And don't you think that if the Eagles thought Pinky had no shot of being ready they would be out there looking at other guys?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think that at least being open to the idea of trading a mid-round draft pick for a guy who is a little bit better than a healthy Todd Pinkston would be a good idea.  It's that simple.

And like IGY said, is there any doubt he'd be an improvement to Greg Lewis?

Zanshin

Actually, the prospect of Greg Lewis as the #3 isn't all that scary.  He was a pretty good #3...it was being a #1 or #2 that was a struggle.  But as a third receiver, that wouldn't be the end of the world.

PhillyPhreak54

I am not a Greg Lewis fan. So I would take him over Mushmouth.

The only way I would be happy to take Lelie would be if it cost no more than a 4th round pick and he didn't insist on a fat ass contract to go along with his new team.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on May 18, 2006, 08:43:02 AM
He was a pretty good #3...

No, he really wasn't.  And being a "good #3" when Terrell Owens is your #1 is a lot different than doing so when you're breaking in a 2nd year player as your #1.  The #3 receiver on this Eagles team must be an extremely solid player, because  there is no ridiculously talented threat at #1 that will get 35-40% of the looks.

Lewis is a #4 on a good day.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 18, 2006, 08:43:18 AM
The only way I would be happy to take Lelie would be if it cost no more than a 4th round pick and he didn't insist on a fat ass contract to go along with his new team.

I'm going to go a little IGY on you and ask... why do you care?  This team has cap room coming out of their ass and a few players (Pinkston, Simoneau, Dhani, Fraley) that make fairly good money and are probably nearing the last year or 2 of their tenure.  Money isn't an issue for the team and won't be anytime soon.

hunt

avg per season for last 2 years played:

lelie: 48 rec, 927 yds, 4 td's

pinkston: 36 rec, 625 yds, 1.5 td's

gaffney: 48 rec, 562 yds, 2 td's

brown: 43 rec, 571 yds, 4 td's (1 season)

lewis: 48 rec, 561 yds, 1 td (in 1 season as starter)

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

In the big picture, I don't care. What I do care about is him wanting a new deal and how far he'd be willing to take the bitching and moaning...

Insisting on a contract and getting it are two different things.

If they felt he was worth it, Banner would make it fit.

But if Lelie feels he's worth it NOW and gets traded and doesn't get said contract, then what? Will he be like Gaffney and hope to parlay that one year shot into a lucrative deal later on? Or will he sulk about it and whine later in the season if he's the 3rd guy?

Zanshin

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 18, 2006, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on May 18, 2006, 08:43:02 AM
He was a pretty good #3...

No, he really wasn't. And being a "good #3" when Terrell Owens is your #1 is a lot different than doing so when you're breaking in a 2nd year player as your #1. The #3 receiver on this Eagles team must be an extremely solid player, because there is no ridiculously talented threat at #1 that will get 35-40% of the looks.

Lewis is a #4 on a good day.

Actually, spreading the ball around makes Lewis a better #3...not the other way around.  Besides, he wouldn't be the typical #3 in this offense...which is really specialized with the personnel formations.  He'd be in when dictated by the matchups, and not always in the slot.  Besides, I think the addition of Schoebel means that the team runs more two TE sets this year.  And having two pass-catching TEs with some speed limits even further the opportunity for the #3 receiver.

ice grillin you

lewis should be playing for the winnepeg blue bombers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Overall, the only way Lelie makes any sense is if he came ridiculously cheap.  I mean, if the Eagles didn't get Walker...why would they want to grab the guy that Walker was brought in to replace?  Then again, maybe Timmy Chang will put in a good word for him; clearly Chang is a major voice of influence on the team.  He could call Banner from Europe to set him straight.

SunMo

they went after moulds...they went after walker, they obviously don't think they have enough at WR right now.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

If they wanted EITHER of those guys bad enough, one of them would be in a Philly uniform.  It's a fine line between going after a guy, and trying to look like you're going after a guy.  They'd love to upgrade the squad, on the terms they dictate.  Nothing wrong with that...but if they were really, really sick over their current WR core, they'd have made a move that counted.

MURP

Quote from: Sun_Mo on May 18, 2006, 09:34:16 AM
they went after moulds...they went after walker, they obviously don't think they have enough at WR right now.

AVANT BABY.