Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 17, 2006, 01:36:38 PM
Quote from: MURP on May 17, 2006, 01:34:47 PM
get Lelie

Hey, we heard you the first time, dook.  Your opinion has been noted.

a vacation has you stuck back in 2005, when quoting fun was all the rave.  Back to now, FF. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on May 17, 2006, 01:39:55 PM
a vacation has you stuck back in 2005, when quoting fun was all the rave.  Back to now, FF. 

Well, I would have definitely wanted Lelie for 2005.  Now I'm not as sure.

MURP

Cant wait until the new football scientist book comes out later in the summer.  I remember from the previous years analysis on Lelie, he was only useful on deep routes and sucked with just about everything else.   Sounds just like Pinkston as someone else mentioned

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on May 17, 2006, 02:02:21 PM
Cant wait until the new football scientist book comes out later in the summer.  I remember from the previous years analysis on Lelie, he was only useful on deep routes and sucked with just about everything else.   Sounds just like Pinkston as someone else mentioned

<flexes cyber-muscles>

Again, healthy Pinkston is not significantly different from Lelie.  But Pinkston may very well not be healthy for the start of the season.... so I'm not going to simply thumb my nose at Lelie and say the Eagles couldn't use him.

Rome

There's a major difference between Pinky & Lelie and that is Pinkston has played in this offense for the past five years.

It's bad enough that yet another receiver (Gaffney) is going to have to learn the system.  Do they really need another guy learning on the fly?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Denver's offense shares a lot of terminology and style to the Eagles'.

Rome

Denver is primarily a running team and they don't employ the type of voodoo west coast hybrid that Reid uses.

Regardless, he'd still be coming to a new team just like Gaffney is.  Again, do they really need another new face at the position when Pinky already knows it inside and out?

Incidentally, I'm not pimping Pinky because I think he sucks but even so, he's still a better option than Lelie.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 17, 2006, 02:17:02 PM
There's a major difference between Pinky & Lelie and that is Pinkston has played in this offense for the past five years.

It's bad enough that yet another receiver (Gaffney) is going to have to learn the system.  Do they really need another guy learning on the fly?

Shanahan is a former Walsh assistant He runs a version of the WCO in Denver. It wouldn't be that hard of a transition.

Either way, I think Lelie is a mild upgrade at best.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

Feva

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 17, 2006, 02:17:02 PM

Yeah, but how much good does it do him or the team if he can't run?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

Pssst...you had 1 TD last year when your QB had 18 TD throws ...one good playoff game does not count guy. and you might want to try and beat out Walker and Smith before you demand to be a #1. Its pretty sad when the Niners turned down several pre-draft trades for him.

Here were the 2005 rankings when the season started. Though you could probably re-arrange some of these names in the tier 2 column, I saw nothing last year that could even catapult him near the tier 2 status.

1. Randy Moss, Raiders
2. Terrell Owens, Eagles 
3. Reggie Wayne, Colts 
4. Marvin Harrison, Colts
5. Torry Holt, Rams
6. Nate Burleson, Vikings
7. Javon Walker, Packers

Second Tier
8. Darrell Jackson, Seahawks
9. Joe Horn, Saints
10. Michael Clayton, Buccaneers
11. Chad Johnson, Bengals
12. Hines Ward, Steelers
13. Chris Chambers, Dolphins
14. Andre Johnson, Texans
15. Brandon Stokely, Colts
16. Anquan Boldin, Cardinals
17. Drew Bennett, Titans
18. Steve Smith, Panthers
19. David Givens, Patriots
20. Roy Williams, Lions

Third Tier
21. Jerry Porter, Raiders 
22. Jimmy Smith, Jaguars
23. Issac Bruce, Rams
24. Eddie Kennison, Chiefs
25. Santana Moss, taterskins
26. Antonio Bryant, Browns
27. Muhsin Muhammad, Bears
28. Rod Smith, Broncos
29. Laveranues Coles, Jets
30. Eric Moulds, Bills
31. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
32. Brandon Lloyd, 49ers
33. Marcus Robinson, Vikings
34. Derrick Mason, Ravens
35. Deion Branch, Patriots
36. Lee Evans, Bills
37. Rod Gardner, Panthers
38. Charles Rogers, Lions
39. Peerless Price, Falcons
40. Ashlie Lelie, Broncos

phattymatty

i would think steve smith goes a little higher than 18.

with the 1500 yards and 12 TDs and all.

reese125

PhillyPhreak54

Ashley Lelie is nothing special.

He's, as it has been said before, another Pinkston.

And people only want him (and Donte Stallworth) because he isn't named Todd Pinkston.

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2006, 11:54:23 PM
And people only want him (and Donte Stallworth) because he isn't named Todd Pinkston.

Isn't that reason enough?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would like to remind everyone that TODD fargING PINKSTON CAN'T EVEN PRACTICE YET!  HE IS COMING OFF A VERY SEVERE INJURY AND MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE PLAYER HE WAS BEFORE INJURY!

Jeezus H.  How ANY of you keep comparing guys to a healthy Todd Pinkston is baffling.  Get your heads out of your asses and realize that there is a very good chance that Greg Lewis will be the #3 receiver.  Doesn't that frighten anyone even a little bit?  That means one injury to Brown or Gaffney, and Lewis is starting again.

But hey... we don't need anyone else's starting-caliber WR's!  We have a toothpick with a ruptured achilles!