Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if the eagles had aquired lelie he would be a player that was held back in denver and shows great promise and int he end is a very nice addition to the wr corps

while gaffney would suck and if he had just done what he was supposed to do in houston they wouldnt have gone out and gotten moulds
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wait... so....

GET MOULDS?!?  :crazy

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2006, 08:58:25 AM
if the eagles had aquired lelie he would be a player that was held back in denver and shows great promise and int he end is a very nice addition to the wr corps

while gaffney would suck and if he had just done what he was supposed to do in houston they wouldnt have gone out and gotten moulds

I didn't want Gaffney either, dook.  Why are you injecting Gaffney into a discussion about whether Ashley Lelie is a good fit for the Eagles?  He has nothing to do with this.

That said, I would take Gaffney over Lelie any day of the week even though I preferred Moulds over anyone other than Walker.

(Edited - I didn't read FF's post all the way through.  I usually don't though, so...)   ;)

ice grillin you

as long as you think gaffney sucks then we are good

phattymatty

Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 17, 2006, 12:57:20 AM
I was high on Lelie coming out of college, but he's made me look like a fool

don't blame that on lelie

Rome

If you look back to the thread concerning Gaffney's signing, I'm on the record as being against it.  I wanted Givens.  I can't stand Gators being on the Eagles.

My opposition might be irrational and stupid but at least it's consistent.

:-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on May 17, 2006, 09:16:39 AM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 17, 2006, 12:57:20 AM
I was high on Lelie coming out of college, but he's made me look like a fool

don't blame that on lelie

Ha!  So true.

ice grillin you

Absence of unhappy Lelie unexcused

By Mike Klis
Denver Post Staff Writer
DenverPost.com

If Ashley Lelie were here, he might point out that by definition, there's no reason to fuss about his absence.

The Broncos are conducting what the NFL calls a voluntary official team activity the next two weeks at their Dove Valley training complex. Lelie, the Broncos' unhappy wide receiver, has voluntarily chosen to forfeit a $100,000 workout bonus by not participating.

Unofficially, the Broncos are calling this a quarterback camp and say they want everyone to attend. Only kickers, punters and NFL Europe participants are excused.

Lelie was the only unexcused player absent from the workout that technically did not require an excuse. Not that this stopped Broncos coach Mike Shanahan from sending his missing player a message.

"I just know it's hard to be the No. 1 wide receiver when you don't compete," Shanahan said.

There is hope Lelie's offseason protest will reach an amicable resolution by the time participation becomes mandatory in late July with the opening of training camp. His new agent, Denver-based Peter Schaffer, has spoken once in the past two weeks to Shanahan and general manager Ted Sundquist.

Schaffer will try to facilitate a trade, most likely for a conditional 2007 draft pick. The other option is for the Broncos to conclude they are better off waiting out Lelie than letting him play elsewhere for what little they could get in return.

During the NFL draft last month, the Broncos offered Lelie to the Houston Texans and his former offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak in return for the first pick in the fourth round.

Diomedes

Why is this thread in the Eagles Talk forum?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on May 17, 2006, 12:14:06 PM

Because there's no Overrated Underachieving Candyass Receivers forum?

MURP

Quote from: Diomedes on May 17, 2006, 12:14:06 PM

assuming it is about "GET LELIE" for the most part. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP

please dont get Lelie... then again, if Billy McMullen is still on the roster....

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on May 17, 2006, 01:34:47 PM
get Lelie

Hey, we heard you the first time, dook.  Your opinion has been noted.

RezRob

Maybe he can use Tra for new name since it's vacant, and Ashley isn't hard enough for Philly.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...