Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Did anybody hear about a supposed Gargano rumor of Lelie + RB (either T.Bell or Dayne) for McDougle or Rayburn + a draft pick, with Denver waiting until after last night's game to make any decisions?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 12, 2006, 03:43:26 PM
Did anybody hear about a supposed Gargano rumor of Lelie + RB (either T.Bell or Dayne) for McDougle or Rayburn + a draft pick, with Denver waiting until after last night's game to make any decisions?

No, I didn't.  Have you heard anything first-hand about it?

BigEd76

Nah, I haven't bugged anyone for insider info, and I haven't been listening to WIP but supposedly they've been talking about it.  After last night's game, it looks like Tatum Bell isn't going anywhere because Mike Bell struggled.  IIRC, the Eagles tried to trade for Dayne last year.  Maybe they still like him, especially now that he's 3rd string (re: cheaper to acquire).

reese125

you are correct Ed, thats what its looking like. McDougle may be a goner. Their DL is beat up and they know we have great depth. my feelings of the Birds go way up if they pull something like that off with a 2 player threat..... but again...no need to say it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Courteney Brown got knee surgery and might not be back for the start of the regular season, so they need another first-round bust to take his place.  Works out nicely.

Feva

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

I'd much rather use TruckDriver than McDougle.  Bunkley > Rayburn, Juqua =< McDougle.
Anyone but Reid.

The BIGSTUD

I wouldn't want to trade McDougle either. I'd rather just trade a 3rd for Lelie than a 3rd and McDougle for Lelie and Dayne.

Defensive line depth is one of the most important places to have depth on a football team. Dayne blows anyway. Why would we even want him? He's worse than Perry, and by Perry I mean the one that fumbles 5 times a game.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

NGM

I don't get wanting Ron Dayne either.  Despite the fact that he is a big boy he doesn't run hard at all. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

reese125

I could see them wanting dayne to use as a change of pace back and grind the ball out.

someone gets hurt back there, you have at least a guy that can pick up the tough yards between the tackles.

Tatum Bell is not going anywhere. If you saw the game, hes a weapon outside the tackles and out of that backfield on the swing passes. They need his speed

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not a Dayne fan. I hope last year they were only interested because Childress was pimping the guy. Childress was with him at Wisconsin.

I would not give up McDougle either.

Rayburn, yes.

PoopyfaceMcGee

None of this is going to happen anyway.

BigEd76

CSN is reporting that Lelie will be traded to the Eagles or Bears, possibly as early as tomorrow.  They think Denver asked for LJ Smith in return, which of course was declined.  The Bears also declined an offer of Thomas Jones....

PhillyPhreak54

:-D @ them asking for LJ.

They have like 52 TEs already.

I hope they get him and don't give up McDougle.

BigEd76

They have Stephen Alexander and not much else though.....