Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rayburn is in danger of not making this team. Last year he sucked and he sucked in camp so far this year too. He did flash last night but can Ed Jasper give you what Rayburn does? I think so. And I really like Ramsey.

4th & Rayburn = I'd take Lelie. I've upped my offer from a 5th. I'll call the Broncos GM and tell him as I'm sure he's waiting by the phone.

The BIGSTUD

What if we offer a 4th and Rayburn, and Denver says to you that's not going to do it. Give us a 3rd and he's yours.

Would you cave? Do we need a receiver badly enough to give up the 3rd?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Hmmmm...

Maybe. I really think they need a stretch the field guy. I only do it if he signs an extension.

Here's a post I made on the EMB about this;

Quotewould he put us over the top? I don't know. But I do know that I woud like to see a field-stretching presence on this offense. I am fine with the dink and dunk and I love Reggie Brown. But everything is so much easier when you have a guy who a defense must respect when it comes to going deep.

I was not a Pinkston fan. I despised him for his comments after the Carolina NFCCG and after seeing his acts of cowardice in 2004. But the old saying of "you don't know what you're missing until its gone" sure went through my head quite often last year.

Pinky isn't a tough guy nor is he a guy who will give up his body to go across the middle. But he is great at stretching the field.

In 2004 he had 7 catches of 40+ yards.
In 2003 he had 6 catches of 40+ yards.
In his career he has 18 catches of 40+ yards (and averages 15.3YPC)

In 2005 Lelie had 5 catches of 40+ yards
In 2004 Lelie had 5 catches of 40+ yards
In 2003 Lelie had 5 catches of 40+ yards
In his caree Lelie has 18 catches of 40+ yards (and averages 17.9YPC)

Plaxico Burress has 17 career catches of 40+
Chris Chambers has 13 career catches of 40+
Keyshawn Johnson has 9 career catches of 40+

Obviously these guys are more complete receivers than Lelie or Pinkston, but that goes to show that what Pink and Lelie can do is stretch the field.

It will open up Reggie Brown, LJ Smith and Brian Westbrook. And it allows Baskett to not be forced to sink or swim. Same with Avant.

Drunkmasterflex

Is there really a legitimate shot of Lelie coming here?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

IMO, it depends how the receivers play the next couple of preseason games, and if Pinkston gets healthy by then. If Pink stays sore and Gaffney stays invisible, then I think the Eagles will give it all they have to get him.

But Denver gets to chose where they send him obviously, so whether it's to Philly or not remains to be seen.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2006, 07:40:38 PM
Hmmmm...

Maybe. I really think they need a stretch the field guy. I only do it if he signs an extension.

Here's a post I made on the EMB about this;

I think if they gave up a 3rd then signing him to an extension is a given. We both know how the Eagles are about draft picks. Not saying it's a bad thing. Draft picks are extremely important, so they wouldn't want to give away a 3rd rounder for a one season rental.

PhillyPhreak54

They can always recover that 3rd by "franchising" Rod Hood and then trading him.

Rome

Where is rjs when we need him?

F'ing slacker.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2006, 09:57:38 PM
They can always recover that 3rd by "franchising" Rod Hood and then trading him.

That impressed with Dexter Wynn?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Joselio Hanson is the future.  Duh.

(but that is incredibly accurate, he looked pretty good last night)

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on August 07, 2006, 10:04:58 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2006, 09:57:38 PM

That impressed with Dexter Wynn?
Hell no, he sucks. And yes, Hanson did look good.

But Hood will be a UFA after this year. He wants to get paid (JAX gave Brian Williams a $10M SB this year and Hood is better) so he'll leave via UFA. The Eagles can put the FT on him and pretend (for NFL rules sake) that they want to keep him. When he gets pissed about the FT they can trade him for a 2nd or a 3rd.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're living in a dream world.  The FT for a CB is way high (like 8 figures high), so that would be a ton of money to wrap up in Rod Hood for one year.  There's simply no way another team would fall for it and give up a high pick for him in that case.  Plus, look at the Eagles' recent track record of dealing players with a FT.  It sucks.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 07, 2006, 10:15:18 PM
You're living in a dream world.  The FT for a CB is way high (like 8 figures high), so that would be a ton of money to wrap up in Rod Hood for one year.  There's simply no way another team would fall for it and give up a high pick for him in that case.  Plus, look at the Eagles' recent track record of dealing players with a FT.  It sucks.

They wouldn't wrap up the money in him. If they couldn't trade him, and they would because the new team would then sign him to a more cap friendly deal, then they would just rescind the FT and let him go

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Bunkley78 on August 07, 2006, 08:00:25 PM
IMO, it depends how the receivers play the next couple of preseason games, and if Pinkston gets healthy by then. If Pink stays sore and Gaffney stays invisible, then I think the Eagles will give it all they have to get him.

But Denver gets to chose where they send him obviously, so whether it's to Philly or not remains to be seen.

If you are Philly why would you want to wait if you really wanted him? Wouldn't you want to get him in and learn the offense? Even though I think the chances are slim to none it would make me happy to see a receiving corp with the top three Brown, Lelie, and Gaffney with Baskett, Avant, and Pinky coming off the bench. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

To me, a third and Rayburn is the equivalent of a late 4th rounder. So they should get this deal done.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.