Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

A 3rd and Rayburn is way too much. And in no way would I trade Rayburn and ruin our depth at DT, its not like Lelie is an elite receiver. They should try packaging picks like sending a 4th and a 5th the next season.

Zanshin

At this point, I'd do a 4th and Rayburn...and I'd make the 4th upgradable to a 3rd based on performance, if necessary.  That said, I don't have much faith that it would happen.

General_Failure

They must have really liked what they saw from Gaffney. Anyway, a 3rd and a guy that might wind up cut isn't too bad for a receiver, considering the guys that are fighting at for 4, 5, and 6 on the roster.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe they can snag a backup OL, RB, or QB in the trade too.  Dear Lord, the offense has NO depth.

MadMarchHare

Or 2 and 3 for that matter.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MadMarchHare on August 07, 2006, 08:57:03 AM
Or 2 and 3 for that matter.

Don't hate on future-Hall-of-Famer Hank Baskett!

reese125

the Bears are pushing hard for this guy right now and I think he goes there.

after what Lurie just said about "character", I dont see a shot at him

that said, Id take the 3rd rounder no question, but not give up Rayburn cause chances are very high that somebody gets hurt this year on that DL as always...knock on wood

MadMarchHare

Rayburn's fighting for the 4 or 5 spot at best.  And everyone seems hot for Ramsey.  He easily could be a roster cut.
Anyone but Reid.

SD_Eagle5

I thought Rayburn looked pretty good lastnight, I certainly wouldn't use him as a throw in to get this deal done.

rjs246

Why is everyone on Rayburn's sack? He has never been good enough to start and the team has used multiple draft picks on DTs in each of the past two drafts. He's nothing special and trading him away is probably the best thing this team could do.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MadMarchHare

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 07, 2006, 10:46:52 AM
I thought Rayburn looked pretty good lastnight, I certainly wouldn't use him as a throw in to get this deal done.

I must've missed that part of the game.  I saw a complete absence of penetration as soon as the 1s sat down.
Anyone but Reid.

Zanshin

Rayburn is a middling DT.  We have an assload of decent DTs.  What we don't have is an assload of decent WRs.  Hence, trading Rayburn for a decent WR would be a no-brainer.

The BIGSTUD

A 3rd and Rayburn is too much, but it's not like the Eagles have a choice. They can't just say, okay we missed out on Lelie, let's just go after the plethora of other vertical threats on the market.

Overpaying may be the only option.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mpmcgraw

I might agree that a 3rd rounder is too much for Lelie, but lol at the people acting like throwing Rayburn pushes this from a good move to a bad move.

Geowhizzer

Heckert, Banner, Reid and co. are estatic to have all of us internet GMs weighing in on this possible deal.