Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTrotter Fan

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on June 06, 2006, 11:53:41 PM
Chances the Birds are in the hunt? .0000001%

Chances that would be a good idea? 100%

Chances you know anything more than the person that speculated about Lelie?  000000000000000000000%
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

rjs246

Oh snap! Statistics burn!!!11!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

QuoteEagles | Lelie's agent says team has shown no interest
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:24:39 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Wednesday, June 7, the Philadelphia Eagles have shown no interest in trading for Lelie.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Leave it to Les Bowen to get the scoop when no one else can.

Feva

He'll be in Eagle Green by the weekend.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

I've heard that he IS at the NovaCare Center as we speak write type.

reese125

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie has been mentioned as part of a potential three-team trade involving the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots, according to a league source. Lelie would go the Patriots while the Broncos would receive Falcons RB T.J. Duckett and Patriots TE Daniel Graham. The Falcons would receive draft choices from both teams. Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan has denied there is a trade in the works involving Lelie.

SD_Eagle5

I read somewhere that John Murphy of Yahoo Sports reported a potential 3 team deal involving Atlanta, New England, and Denver.

Diomedes

Seriously..this thread belongs in Rest of the NFL.  Come on.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 09, 2006, 04:03:29 PM
I read somewhere that John Murphy of Yahoo Sports reported a potential 3 team deal involving Atlanta, New England, and Denver.

I read the same thing.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I read that the Broncos were ready to deal Lelie for a message board poster named "Philly Forever" until said poster dropped off the grid.  Bummer.

Father Demon

Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere else.  I don't have a link for the actual quotes, because I stole this info from another (non-Eagles) board.

a rumor regarding Lelie and the Broncos and Iggles.

Omar (Colo Springs): Will the Broncos keep a headache like Lelie around the whole year? Have they reduced their asking price.

SportsNation John Clayton: (4:31 PM ET ) Lelie will be traded within 10 days if not sooner. He won't be a Denver problem. I'm sure in the end Mike Shanahan will be reasonable.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Angelo (Philadelphia): Will the Eagles make a move to go after Lelie or are they confident in that subpar set of receivers they currently own?

John Clayton: (4:39 PM ET ) The Eagles should be one of the three teams in on Lelie. He may not be a No. 1 guy, but he's a talent and he would have a great quarterback in Donovan McNabb

So, the questions:

a) Should the Eagles try to trade for Lelie?
b) What would they have to offer Denver to get it done?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

Someone please launch this thread to Pluto.

Please?

Pretty please??

:-[

Zanshin

I've probably said this before...but while Lelie certainly has some talent, he's been the most inconsistent starting receiver I've ever seen.  If he came here, I think people would come to hate him immediately.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on July 13, 2006, 03:00:54 PM
I've probably said this before...but while Lelie certainly has some talent, he's been the most inconsistent starting receiver I've ever seen.  If he came here, I think people would come to hate him immediately.

Like I've said, he's oddly similar to Pinkston.  He is very slightly better at pretty much everything and obviously more healthy, but his attitude obviously leaves something to be desired.

That said, I'd trade Pinkston for him one-for-one with teh quickness.