Lelie is p-o'd

Started by Don Ho, May 17, 2006, 12:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

They just showed a clip of Ashly Lelie on the local sports from a Denver affiliate.  He was being interviewed by a Denver reporter and he looked pissed off.  Said he feels like he is now the #3 WR in Denver behind Walker and Smith.  Wants to prove everyone wrong.  Said he can be a #1.  I loved his attitude.  He wants out of Denver and has something to prove and will probably be show casing himself where ever he goes. 

I doubt Denver would release him. 

Any thoughts?   Brown, Pinky, Gaffney, Lewis - not feelin' it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Lelie = Pinkston

He's also a FA after the season and looking for a reworked contract....

SD_Eagle5

I'd take him for a fourth only because he knows the WCO and he adds depth but I highly doubt he's even a #2 on our team which isn't saying a whole of a hell lot.

The BIGSTUD

I was high on Lelie coming out of college, but he's made me look like a fool saying he'd be a star in this league. Major disappointment. I'd rather have Pinkston personally. I'd take Lelie for free, but I wouldn't give up a pick for him.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 17, 2006, 12:45:18 AM
Lelie = Pinkston

He's also a FA after the season and looking for a reworked contract....

My bad, I forgot he is a FA next year.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 17, 2006, 12:45:18 AM
Lelie = Pinkston

Even when Pinkston was completely healthy, Lelie was slightly better.  Now, Pinkston's health is certainly a question mark.  Considering they are receivers with very similar playing styles, I actually think Lelie is one of the guys that you could simply say is better than Pinkston in every way.

That said, if he wants a #1 job handed to him on a platter, farg him.

ice grillin you

id take him in a second
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Lelie is one of those guys who comes up really small when it counts.  And his hands are ridiculously inconsistent.  Moreover, I think he's too psychologically fragile for Philly.  That said, I'd take him...but I wouldn't give up much to get him at all.  I think he'd drive fans to riot here.

Rome

Didn't the Eagles get rid of an under-achieving, whiny loud mouth just last year?  Why would they want another one??

Pass.

ice grillin you

Didn't the Eagles get rid of an under-achieving, whiny loud mouth just last year?  Why would they want another one??

what has lelie done to be a loud mouth...because he thinks hes a better receiver than he proved in denver...sounds a lot like what gaffney said about his time in houston...and lelie has better numbers...

so i guess what you really mean to say is the eagles have already signed one loud mouth underachiever this offseason why get another?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2006, 08:34:12 AM
what has lelie done to be a loud mouth...because he thinks hes a better receiver than he proved in denver...sounds a lot like what gaffney said about his time in houston...and lelie has better numbers...

so i guess what you really mean to say is the eagles have already signed one loud mouth underachiever this offseason why get another?

Well, a big difference is that Jabar was willing to play for small money and come into a situation where he wouldn't be guaranteed a thing.  Lelie is talking like he'd demand a big extension and a promise to be a starter.

That said, Brown and Lelie starting, with Gaffney in the slot WOULD be a good combo.  I just don't think that Lelie's attitude off the start would be accepted or appreciated here after the whole T.O. thing.

If Pinkston were definitely healthy and/or we had the hopes we had for Greg Lewis going into LAST season, I wouldn't see a need to add Lelie.  But because both of those situations only bring up more questions, I'd like to bring him in.  He adds the one dimension the Eagles aren't sure they can get from any of their other receivers - speed.

Geowhizzer

Did Gaffney hold out?  I honestly don't know.

If not, then I would definitely put Lelie over him in terms of being a "loud mouth disruption."

Also, Gaffney was willing to sign a one-year deal for a reasonable price (in the skewed terms of pro sports contracts, anyway) to come in a situation where he would have a chance- not a guarantee- but a chance to compete for a bigger role than he had in Houston.

Why is Lelie holding out of the mini camps?  To prove his point?  For more money? Either way, it's a disruption to the team.

Rome

If Lelie did what he was supposed to do on the field in Denver, the Broncos wouldn't have gone out and gotten Javon Walker.

Now he's caterwauling over being demoted when his demotion came as a direct result of his inconsistent play.  It's his fault that he got demoted yet he's blaming everyone other than himself for it.

Is that the kind of player you want on the Eagles?  Another "me first" type?  Thanks, but no thanks.

BTW: Lelie sucks.

Diomedes

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 17, 2006, 08:50:49 AM
If Lelie did what he was supposed to do on the field in Denver, the Broncos wouldn't have gone out and gotten Javon Walker.

Now he's caterwauling over being demoted when his demotion came as a direct result of his inconsistent play. It's his fault that he got demoted yet he's blaming everyone other than himself for it.

Is that the kind of player you want on the Eagles? Another "me first" type? Thanks, but no thanks.

BTW: Lelie sucks.

I completely agree.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 17, 2006, 08:50:49 AM

Well, same deal with the Texans and Moulds.  By all accounts there was very little interest from the Texans in re-signing Gaffney.  It could be that he was a PITA behind the scenes, it could be that they simply felt he wasn't good enough, or it could be that he told them he needed a new situation and refused to even negotiate.  We don't know.

The situations are different, but saying Gaffney's a good player being rescued out of a bad situation and Lelie's a sucky player and a whiny baby is certainly polarizing it with midnight green goggles on.