The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

jesus christ have you read one word we have talked about...keyboards are the death of hip-hop...when people started making beats from keyboards and computers and the like the dirty dusty sound of golden age hip-hop went bye bye...you cannot make consistently good hip-hop music without sampling

its akin to saying good rock music is keyboard and synthesizer based as opposed to guitars and drum based

you know nothing about real rap music and werent even alive for most of it...so please stop talking about shtein you dont know about its insulting...you dont see me in the smoking gearhead and heavy metal threads spouting nonsense...so take your lilly white scissor cut tank top seashell wearing what up dude talking parliament smoking ass out of here
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Hahahahah yeah you're right. Sampling other peoples music is the only way to make good rap music, and trying to make yourself with real instruments has no soul to it.

It's people that think like YOU that killed rap music. And basically made it not music at all.
Honestly, do the world a favor, take 8 Tylenol PMs and go jump in your swimming pool. Or at the very least please don't ever, ever attempt to make any music. Ever.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Seriously. Leave the music-making to the professionals. Like Munson.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

If I was a pro at it I certainly wouldn't be posting here. I'd be on tour opening up for DMB.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

That much is painfully obvious.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

You'd love every second of it.

rjs246

I really wish someone would light you on fire.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

If someone lit you on fire, or if you got stung by a jelly fish, I'd piss on you.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

listened to relapse a few times this week.  pretty much straight garbage.  there's a few songs that had me bobbin my head on the way to work but its almost unlistenable with all of the incest/rape themes and retarded voices.  good chance i'll never listen to the entire album ever again.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 04, 2009, 08:49:56 PM
q-tip way better producer than marley

master ace way better mc than craig g

special ed better than big daddy kane

buckshot better kool g rap

i know what youre saying in terms of legendary status and influence but as actual mc's crooklyn wins (and production)...other than nas kool g rap might be the most overrated mc ever...and while big daddy kane is great i also think a tad overrated...craig g is plain wack and biz isnt even on the symphony

special ed and buckshot at the top of their games were pretty much off the charts

Alright, Masta Ace balances himself out cause he's in both.

Special Ed better the Kane? Are you out your damn mind? Kane's line "put a quater in yo ass cause you played yourself is better then Ed's entire Album. Special Ed had one hit, one.

Buck shot better then Kool G Rap? thats a tough one, G Rap was one of the original hardcore/street rappers. IMO The guy is gold compared to Buckshot.

QTip better producer the Marley... Come on man Marley has been producing records since the 80's he ran the juice crew, who in my opinion has had more talent then any other group of artists ever. I don't know too much about Q-Tip's producing, has he produced anything as good as "my melody" and Eric B for President" to just name two. He is smooth as silk on the mic though.

Craig G, yeah can't argue there. I heard some of the joint he put out with Marley Marl last year and it was blah :paranoid ok it was :puke.

Sorry about sayin Biz was on there, but I think him, shan and Shante are better then Special Ed easily. Ed, IMO was a one hit wonder.

ice grillin you

q-tip produced all tribes stuff which makes him better than marley even if he didnt do other stuff like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjd7EbUUds8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYVyGYmloA&feature=PlayList&p=8C71168DE27ACFB0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33 - fap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRd-1y07Gms - double fap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PANWkHTT8

and diamond d's kiss which is ridonkulous but youtube doesnt seem to have

pete rock
primo
q-tip
and maybe rza

thats the short list of best producers ever

if you think special ed has just one song then you never rwally heard him...his first two albums are an emceeing clinic...with the possible exception of snoop in his prime and q-tip no one was smoother and flowed better than special ed...he doesnt even rap he talks on the mic...its an effortless flow that few people have ever been able to duplicate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXLCHNkeVUo

phillymic2000

Q-tip was not the only person to produce Tribe's stuff my man, Ali Shaheed, Skeff and Large Professor played a huge role in those albums. So the couple of albums Q-Tip produced catapults him above Marley? IMO I don't think so. Believe me I love Q-Tip I love almost all his stuff, but come on, Marley is still hittin with the KRSOne Hip hop lives.

Theres no doubt Dj Premier is top dog. I would argue QTip more then RZA in your top 4, Mine would go:

#1 DJ Premier
#2 Marley Marl
#3 Pete Rock
#4 Dr. Dre
#5 Large Professor

Ed may flow his rhymes, you still cannot compare him to Kane, plain and simple. IMO He can't hold his jock strap.

ice grillin you

ali did little to none of tribes stuff

skeff anslem was a board man not a beat maker...and large pro did keep it movin and nothing else

pete rock primo and q-tip were arch rivals and best friends when it came to beat diggin in ny circa early 90's...it was an incredible competition amongst them and they are universally known as the masters...vic and the beatnuts are on close second tier to them but no one else comes close...it was a magical era at record shows back then with these guys trying to one up each other...tip had the legendary record collection too...over 30 thousand records in his house that he lost in the infamous fire at his home

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2009, 10:36:47 PM
ali did little to none of tribes stuff

skeff anslem was a board man not a beat maker...and large pro did keep it movin and nothing else

pete rock primo and q-tip were arch rivals and best friends when it came to beat diggin in ny circa early 90's...it was an incredible competition amongst them and they are universally known as the masters...vic and the beatnuts are on close second tier to them but no one else comes close...it was a magical era at record shows back then with these guys trying to one up each other...tip had the legendary record collection too...over 30 thousand records in his house that he lost in the infamous fire at his home

Word