The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

hes got 6 songs on the album that I can play over and over and still dig, the rest are very mediocre to wear his voice annoys the shtein out of me. Im not down with all this hype on 3am either

Old Times Sake w/Dre
Beautiful
Insane
Hello
Underground w/Ken Kaniff--that Ammadeus chorus crap he could of done without
Bagpipes from Baghdad--which is the the most knockin beat on the album

Seabiscuit36

i broke out Liquid Swords out of the cd case this week.  Still my favorite Wu cd followed quickly by Raekwons's first offering.  shtein is making me feel old realizing when it came out. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i never got on liquid swords like most people...the first five songs are off the charts...but the rest is just ok (when compared to wu standards)...the beats are not near soulful as on the other records...to much loud squeals and guitar

dont get me wrong its still a certified classic but i dont think its near the level of cuban links iron man or 36 chambers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I got Liquid Swords about a week before i got Cuban Links.  36 Chambers is officially a Comp, and i cant put it in the same 1st round of Wu Individual CD's.  Liquid Swords reminds me of just riding around on blunt rides whether it be the back roads in Pa/De or down driving on the beach sparking up before going into OC

That said, Liquid Swords wasnt as solid all the way thru as Cuban Links, but it always holds a special part in my eardrums.  Sounded great with two 12in Kicker Solos, and Kicker Revolution 6's and tweeters
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

oh youre talking solo efforts

1. ironman
2. cuban links
3. liquid swords

Seabiscuit36

Ironman was #3 on my charts

1. Liquid Swords
2. Cuban Links
3. Ironman(Fish was just awesome at 14)
4. Return to the 36 Chambers
5.  Tical

Seabiscuit36

ice grillin you

great call...that song is so underrated not just in wu circles but in hip hop

as is this...arguably the best wu song ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0yldYeM7dA

Seabiscuit36

I always loved the Orig Rainy Days, i never heard this remix.  Laid back like Biggy was mixing it. 

I'll never forget my buddy buying Iron man, i got Cuban Links right after that, and then Liquid swords.  Its like i found god in music form.  Wu was off the charts. 

ice grillin you

thats weird cause they came out like a year apart and cuban links was first

cuban links came out in august cause i remember me and a bunch of my boys got it and then road tripped up to upstate ny in the mountains and listened to it all week gettin blunted and pounding mickeys on a lake

rap will never be the same no matter what munson says

Seabiscuit36

weed time man, my memories are still fuzzy

I think they came out 11 months apart or somewhere around there.

ice grillin you

cuban links im positive was summer 95...not sure of the month but i think july

iron man was winter 96 if i recall correctly

Feva

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 31, 2009, 01:30:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmQZtfx51k

That's my shtein right there...

"Just me and you, muthafarga... Just me and you.  I'll put a trademark around your fargin' eye!"

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2009, 01:22:19 AM
1. ironman
2. cuban links
3. liquid swords

This.

Wildflower was one of my fave cuts.  Raw as hell goin' off on Supa Head.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

ice grillin you

go out and download otis reddings version of change is gonna come....not only is it one of the great vocal performances of all time but the loop on fish is taken from it